The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dual muffler on a gr4

chrisb33

i was just wondering if anyone has tried or has pics of a gr4 with dual mufflers. not dual tip mufflers. or is it even possible for us to do dual muffler?

i know it doesnt improve on performance, i just want to see if it looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks.

chris b

prove_it

Go look at your car. Now look under the rear bumper. See that big ol gas tank? Yea I doubt anyone has done it. Theres no room for a second muffler. Maybe some sort of small diameter piping, but it would flow like crap and just be a decoration.

Duals on 4 cylinders just look dumb most times. Most 4 cyls with factory dual have single exit pipes as aftermarket since they are more efficient. IE- S2000s, MR2s, FC RX7s(rotary but same concept)

004tsi

I have 2 mufflers on my car, but the first one is where the cat used to be. It helps quiet down the full 3 inch exhaust. I love the sound, deep but not excessively loud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

curtis

Small pipe was from the wastegate. And yes it helped.

Did this for a local a few weeks back. 4 inch exhaust and the half moon shape is from the gate. We weighted the system and I think it was 14lbs after we wrapped it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned