The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSM exhaust on Galant question

524of1000

I have searched the forum and found alot of info, but I'm still a little confused. If I have a 2g cat deleting downpipe, will a 1g catback fit or will I still need to extend it? Thanks guys!

Brunoboy

Im pretty sure its only if you use a 1g exhaust you need to extend it. but since the 2g dp is longer it eliminates the need for extension.
-shane

524of1000

so 2g downpipe + 1g exhaust = no extension or yes extension? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'm trying to do a 3" turbo back on the cheap. I went to have one made at the muffler shop but they wanted $350 to do a crush bent catback. I KNOW I can do better than that so thats why I'm asking.

Brunoboy

Im almost sure its 2g dp +1g catback =no extension.
-shane

4wheelsqueal

complete 2g exhaust won't work. exits out the wrong side.

gtluke

I have a 1g cat-back on my car and I just had to move 2 hangers. It's a VRS 3" exhaust "kit" (cat back with no muffler pre installed) and I put a giant magnaflow muffler on it and short tailpipe. It's REALLY close to hitting though. The S where it goes between the rear control arm and pumpkin is like the last possible MM before the bend would contact anything. Works great though!

TRBODSM

Quoting boosted_85:
2g dp only deletes the cat and bolts onto a gvr4 exhaust.It doesn't extend the exhaust pipe

Will it work if he uses the 2g downpipe and the cat plus the 1g cat back?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned