The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

evo 9 or oem 2g pistons

5OF2k

Quoting yeti:
Quoting yeti:
Quoting iceman69510:
"1g rods 2g pistons don't clear 1g oil squirters"

I have done these before and while it was close, there was no interference if installed properly.

what is there to do right?
i was told they do not clear, and you have to shim the skirt..

again I could be wrong

I didn't say anything that wasn't correct.

I wanted to point out there is a concern with the squirters that nobody mentioned, iceman said you had to do it right, I was just asking how you do it right.

To my knowledge the squirters is a concern, if they are not I would like to know how..

I beleive he was talking about the "shim the skirt" line....that'd be incorrect. you dont shim skirts. its impossible, regardless of the setup.

dsmless

going threw my notes yesturday, saw a sheet were I wrote the clearances from squirter to piston skirt, it ranges from 1/8 to almost 1/4 inch, (used my 64th inch scale) so really just guesstimated, being said tho you have plenty of room to run evo8/1g rods, I went with evo 8 pistons because they were free from a buddy (45xxx miles) and I had a local machine shop resize the rods which came up to 200 bucks, so far so good, If I could do it over I would def go get some evo 9 pistons off the evo forumns

3rdstrikedsm

The best stockish set up would be a late 2g 7 bolt split thrust block with evo 9 pistons AND rods as this has held 600+ whp a few times over in the past and there are many many benefits to running a 7 bolt contrary to popular uneducated belief /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

Launch

Ill take " What is 1g 7 bolt (93-94) oil squirters, for RTFM, Alex
:p!
Question; How do those valves work with backwards facing evo pistonz? " One of these is not like the other "
just wondering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

You aren't serious are you?
Your eyes will help you with that question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts