The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Diamante vr-x seat install

4wheelsqueal

Was at the junkyard and found a set of diamante leather seats that have VR-X embrossed in the leather. after getting them for a good deal (because the yard owner didn't think i could get them out), I test fit them into 1049/2000 and the rails fit perfectly in the front(rears don't and need to be fixed). still going to have to do some minor modifcations to make them fit better and they are both powered so am currently figuring out what wires power what, but should have them in and working very soon. Will get some pictures up this afternoon.

GIjoe

+1! pics plz.

4wheelsqueal

4wheelsqueal

4wheelsqueal

This install was a piece of cake!! three of the four bolts line up without modifications. drilled the fourth with self-taping bolt. wires were run to fusebox and passenger seat is ready to go. drivers is a bit trickier. has a lumber support with more wires that i have to figure out but seat rails line up just like the passenger.

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

this is the completed passenger seat with shoulder belt mounted.

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

Yep it is. just pulled out the console and swapped it. maybe first time luck! i'll try it with one of my spare consoles and see if i can duplicate it.

steve

Neat! How heavy though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SmoothCustomer

Quoting 4wheelsqueal:
Yep it is. just pulled out the console and swapped it. maybe first time luck! i'll try it with one of my spare consoles and see if i can duplicate it.

Take pics of your progress if you don't mind.
Thanks man

GIjoe

thats awesome. ull swap the rear seat too right?
keep the pictures coming! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4wheelsqueal

passenger seat is about as heavy as stock. driver's is a little heavier. the rear seat may not be salvagable. someone took it out of the car and left it in the trunk (trunk lid had been removed) all winter and the it's a mess. may give it a shot if it cleans up. will post the drivers seat install pic's later today.

ktmrider

Great find, looks very good IMO...

In what yard did you find those seats. My normal place for stuff recently cleared out all their import stuff.

Thanks
Jim

maroonmetallic

^ +1

Im always up for checking out a new yard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Shawn

4wheelsqueal

you want me to give up my secret junkyard location!? J/K i found them at appleton auto, just north of grand chute on cty O. they don't have much and i kinda stumbled on these by mistake(car was completely stripped and had nothing to identify it on it). the best yard in the state in schmidts in madison(and i've been to a LOT of them). their a bit of a drive from appleton/GB but i know the owner and they always have good stuff. have been busy this week but have the driver's seat in and will post pics. this weekend i'll put that shift boot in my other console and take pics of that. i think i put in a 2g shift boot in this car.

maroonmetallic

Well, I guess if you don't want to share such info you don't have to.

Unfortunately I was hoping it was a yard I have never been to.
I was just at Appleton Auto to grab a fender for my Colt.

Also I've been to Schmidt's as I used to live in the Madison area.
I do think they have some decent stuff, but I also think their prices are a bit high.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Congrats on the seat install, they look good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Shawn

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned