The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Depowered rack...lots of play

mr.mitsu

Hey all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I depowered my rack last year. Removed all lines and plugged them up. I also removed most of the seals inside and just packed it with grease. I also threw in some new outer tie rods.

While driving along I could hear a rattling sound everytime I went over a bump or dip in the road. So, with the front tire off the ground when I grab either wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock and give it a shake, there's considerable play and distinctly audible noise.

Seems be the inner tie rod. So I pulled back the baffle to inspect it closer. Theres very minimal play in the ball-and-socket but most of the play is in the rack itself. I know, I should've replaced the inners when I did the depower but funds didn't allow for it.

The play is the same on both sides. And inside the car the wheel is a little sloppy.

So, has anyone who's done this mod experience the same thing??

I think I might have to replace it with another rack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned