The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dash Badge Font?

throughfaith323

Does anyone know the fonts on the dash badge?

i think the engraved number is times new roman??? but i cannot seem to find the "GALANT VR-4" and "Limited Edition" font...I think they are the same but not positive. No font even seems to be close to the A on it.

Figure someone here in graphic arts could help.

THANK YOU!!
Ed

Not the best picture but should help those who cannot picture it (not my number).

curtis

I've never found the font I sat one night for hours trying to get it close. To be perfect it has to be blown up then measured out and drawn by hand.

TurboTrader

Quite a tricky one to find, I've looked long and hard, Mitsu I'm sure has it, but other than that, I can't find it anywhere.

Best I could come up with is the Galant in high res.

click

I did notice that the "GALANT" and "1991 LIMITED" is the same font. If you look at the N in either, you can tell, the only difference is Galant is in bold.

Wish I could be of more help.

throughfaith323

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
u making something?

working on something a little different. Busy at school or else it would be done already. will post what i'm doing on here whenever i get around to finishing and perfecting it. don't hold your breath lol. my schedule will free up in next couple weeks but i'm hoping to find some time before that so i can stop thinking about it lol.

throughfaith323

Quoting curtis:
I've never found the font I sat one night for hours trying to get it close. To be perfect it has to be blown up then measured out and drawn by hand.

Yea i searched around the other day and also last night. I contacted Mitsubishi marketing last night because i come to find that they use the same font to this day with a lot of their stuff. i'll let you know what they say.

Last edited:

throughfaith323

Quoting MadBeachDSM:
Quite a tricky one to find, I've looked long and hard, Mitsu I'm sure has it, but other than that, I can't find it anywhere.

Best I could come up with is the Galant in high res.

click

I did notice that the "GALANT" and "1991 LIMITED" is the same font. If you look at the N in either, you can tell, the only difference is Galant is in bold.

Wish I could be of more help.

thats a big help as of right now. THANK YOU! it lead me to find that they use that font to this day on stuff and i also found a marketing email on that site.

on the badge.....do you think that the VR-4 is same font? it seems to look a little thinner?

might end up scanning a picture of the badge into photo shop and tracing everything and then scaling it lol. i think it would be good enough for what i'm trying to do.

thanks for your help!

Gabor

Try the Bitsumishi font from dafont.com but even that needs to be edited a little.
Depending on what you're trying to do I might be able to help you out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned