The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cruise control solution

GVR-4

I just thought I would share that today I took a drive on the highway and used the cruise control. Normally the engine cycles between no boost and up to ~10 pounds here in the mountains trying to maintain the speed I set it at. I decided to try switching to low boost on my Greddy Profec B, which is set as low as it will go at ~10 pounds (high is at ~22 psi). This did the trick and the cycling between no boost and boost stopped and the car maintained the set speed much better. I just thought some of you guys could benefit from this too. It's been a slight annoyance everytime I use the cruise control, but I think this will solve the problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ktmrider

Just did the same thing for a trip to CO on Tuesday.
Set boost at 10psi, only cycled about 3-4mph on the bigger hills and less on the flats.
Best control I've had on the car so far....

gtluke

just slacken the cables up from the cruise puller thingy into the cruise gearboxy thingy. it will soften the amount of throttle it gives on each acceleration.
thats why there is adjustments on all those things.

im going to try adjusting the cables. that surging has turned me off to using cruise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cOmpressor

Cruise is wack anyways, take it out and all problems solved. Nice trick though.

Barnes

Trying to maintain a steady speed for 250 is wack. I'll do my best to keep the cruise.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned