The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Your MPG/Highway Cruising Speed?

thecman02

Quoting prove_it:
Really? I lean burn the crap out of my E85 and get about 14-16mpg.... at 85mph.

Otherwise, I average about 12-22 mixed pending on how heavy my foot is. At WOT it drops to around 1-2.....(just guessing)

The other things playing in my favor for better mpg are the evo III 5th gear, I spent a ton of time with the timing maps in the cruising cells. Its amazing how much more torque you can get out of these engines when you get those worked out. I'm not sure what else would create the difference. I also have a twin scroll manifold that might net me a little more efficiency. I would make sure everything in your driveline is rolling smoothly/no drag. I had a caliper that was sticky and I was struggling to get 20mpg highway.

prove_it

You missed the part about going 85.... at 75 it goes up. I'm proud of those numbers, again at 85 in a brick on ethanol with 235/45R17s.

Yes, all wheel bearings new, driveline rebuilt. The rear diff needs rebuilding, and the axles are 22yrs old.

BpuVR4

been doing a lot of highway driving past couple weeks. wondering how you guys feel about drafting behind semis...anyone do it n the regular and see any real benefit?

cheekychimp

For fuel economy I am sure it has benefits but you would need to be drafting really close to get the full benefit and doing it long term is really tempting fate in my opinion. I never concentrate only on the brake lights of the car in front, I'm constantly checking two or three cars ahead and you can't do that tucked in behind the rear bumper of a semi.

diambo4life

12mpg on E85 mixed driving ie. spirited boosting, little highway and a lot of city driving. I drove it to MO (700 mile round trip) last month and I did about 320 miles to the tank. That's about 19mpg....pretty shitty IMO. This was on pump gas though with an untouched tune. Speeds averaged 75-85mph.

In my old Talon I got much better gas mileage but I ran that car in forced open loop all the time and my highway tune (15-16AFR) was dramatically leaned out for fuel economy.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts