The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cruise Control- Pics needed and 1 Q

gijoe985

I had the cruise control removed from my car when I bought it. I am not certain where one part connects. I can see where the main part bolts on the firewall and where the throttle linkage goes, just the other part. The vacuum actuator I believe.

Secondly- I know many people say that the CC doesn't work when you get to higher HP/boost. Would 300hp be more than the CC can function regularly with?

GSX_TC

I just recently pulled off all my CC stuff if you want it?

kooter

img.php

galant651

its not so much high horsepower as the type of high horsepower. for instance, i have a holset hx35w and it tries to pick up speed and then once the turbo kicks in i go probably 5mph over where its set and then it slows down to about 2 to 3 under and then goes back up, and so on and so forth. but im sure if you had like a big 16g or something of that sort it wont change so drastically.

gijoe985

Anyone have a picture of the "other half" of where the CC goes? I could tell where the unit bolted to the wall. And I am 90% sure I can route the cables. It's just the other part that I don't know where it should mount.

ktmrider

If you're asking about the vac canister it goes all the way to the left/rear corner behind the PS strut tower. I'll try to find a pic but you can just see the two bolt holes on the back of the tower.

Edit, look in the far upper-left of the pic, you can just make out the vac can below the wiper motor and behind the strut tower.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting kooter:

^^ Look at Kooters pic, you can see the barb poking out.

kooter

awsome I finally got to contribute something. That is awsome.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned