The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coolant temp sensor

mcbride89

So damn frustrating that these sensor bite the dust so easily. I just replaced 2 within the last 4-5k miles and now going to vato zone for another. The resistance on one in there was over 5k. This one I had laying around I thought was good, was 4k.

I'm guessing they just make these like sh*t. And I seriously just put a new 0
O2 in there. Went to thinking how could I have messed plugging a connector in. Check the CTS and sure as sh*t it's out of spec -__-

Just wanted to hear others input on this

EHmotorsports

get a mitsu sensor and never look back

brisvr4

Ive replaced mine once in 10 years.
Id say to get a factory sensor?

mcbride89

I'm calling mitsu tomorrow. I tested this one in store, tested fine, put it in. Won't start. Check it again, 5.6k... I think it's whatever under the plug and has a shitty connection after you apply any torque on it. Autozone is going to have another for me tomorrow. But after this I'm just going to order a new OEM unit. I'm getting annoyed of pulling and cleaning the plugs after every time I crank the car trying to get it to start.

G

Staff member
You buy cheap you buy twice.

mcbride89

Agreed, or 3 or 4 times -_-

31 bucks through jnz. I'll give them a ring in the morning.

mcbride89

Yeah mark, the wiring feels brittle for sure but I do have 4.7 bolts with key on there.

I looked into it more and cases where it's piss cold like it is here in jersey, 32 degrees = 5.3ish K. So the sensor is okay. I thought they only went to 2.5, but that's when it's about 68 degrees out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned