The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coolant Temp Sensor Issue

gvr4737

hmmm

well the car did not have any issue like this before i took it off the road

and the only thing i did was freshen up the wiring

everything is soldered and nice, no ghetto ness there

i guess im gonna test the wire when i get a chance.. i dont drive the car every day, ( daily driver mod) soo i can figure this out

just need it ready for the njdsm meet

I now own this car and noticed the wiring need some attention. I changed out the ends going to the temperature sensor. The ground wire was swapped with the one that goes to the A/C coolant temp switch. When I checked the voltage on the wires going to the temperature sending unit it was low. The manual I have states 4 or 4.5 volts on the wires(plug). When I checked the voltage using the other green and black wire instead of the one that was wired into the temperature sensor it was correct. Swapped them out. problem solved.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned