The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cigarette Lighter Dead

...fuse is ok under the dash...any ideas if there is something that is common and causes this?

I am sure I will figure it out one day, but would rather try and get it knocked out now if it is easy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

jepherz

Staff member
they get corroded and stop working from my experience. If you pull that part of the dash off, use a multimeter to check for voltage.

Check the wires on the back. +1 on the useage of the volt meter, with the key on.

Thanks all, I can handle it...it is low on the priority list...just checking it all out before hand.

I solder blobbed across the back black wire which wasn't gripping. All is well!!

Thanks!

4thStroke

If it comes down to it... Ive taken alligator clips and attached one an end to each lead on the battery, then touched/clipped it to the corresponding part on the lighter and got it ignited that way.

You may need to pull over to tackle this one.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Im serious.

Last edited:

You need it for the Nazi's at the emissions station so you don't have to turn off the car and run into start up enrichment issues.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned