The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stripping a 92 base model

mikus

I'm grabbing some odds and ends off a 1992 base model - small/midsize stuff, no panels or dashes or such

This is NOT a FS, just brainstorming. Here's what I came up with so far, any other thoughts/suggestions?

-visors
-dash clock
-Trunk trim/carpet (if it fits)
-Windshield trim
-Interior trim/plastic, about all of it
-front grill
-speaker grills
-Roof rails
-Door weather sealing hard rubber (does this come off easy? Mine is sh*t)
-hood brace with clips
-lights (F/R)?

Last edited:

OMFGeofffff

Front and rear lights? Ithink the fwd and awd gas tanks are different which would make senders different. Doglegs?(IDK if they have them or are the same)

mikus

EDIT, it's a 1992. Just got confirmation it's got gray interior, hoorah.

Def. headlights are worth looking at, though 93 fronts aren't too exciting. Added to list, thx

maroonmetallic

I know for a fact that the trunk trim is different between AWD & FWD. I dont know if there is a fitment issue, I just know it's visually different.
I might have to check into this this weekend & update with my findings.

-Shawn

mikus

shoot that's a bummer. I might try it anyway if it's cheap enough, esp the sides. Would love to hear your findings

mikus

hey my CAS wire harness is jacked up - you guys know offhand if its the same harness on a base model? I'd assume so.... TIA

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned