The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Changing out O2 sensor with external wastegate in the way...

I have never owned a vehicle with an external wastegate. I need to get at my stock O2 sensor but the previous owner installed an external wastegate.
I don't have any pics of the situation right now, but was wondering if I could mess something up in that area by removing it. In other words, does an external wastegate use gaskets etc that will break when I try to get it out of the way? I could try to get at it from underneath but don't think that I would have the leverage to get it out.

The wastegate in use is the one in my signature.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

you should be fine removing it without any problems. ive removed mine countless times to get the radiator in and out and the gaskets arent the papery material that will rip

Thanks, is it pretty simple? (I know that you can only make a generalization because our setups are probably different).

I am scared lol! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned