The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

changed the clutch 4WS lights on?

Diego

So anyways got the clutch in got it around the block and it feels like the car is being pushed back while on the gas? Normal idk but I'm sure its not.... and then the 4WS light came on? Why? Does it come on because my passenger shock is bad?

Fill me in 1309 is alive but only 97% help me finish it.

14u2nV

your post is confusing, but the clutch nor the shock have anything to do with the steering. Check your fluid level for that. As far as "pushed back"?, do you mean it feels like it's dragging?

Terry Posten

The 4WS light is just a simple fluid level warning on the power steering resevoir. Do as 14u2nV suggests and it will go away.

Diego

Sorry kenny, uhm well when I turn my shocks turn with the tires.... shouldn't they stay in place and only the contol arm move the tires?....... yes it feels like its dragging, if I give it it gas of course it goes away, but then drags down again when off. clutch is Clutch Master fx100

Last edited:

Terry Posten

The front struts are clamped directly to the spindle/hub assembly. It will pivot with the hub when the tie rod is pushed or pulled. The top bearing plate has a bearing that allows the strut to spin.

If you take the axle out of the front hub, drop the tie rod, and remove the brake caliper, the whole hub/strut assembly should swivel freely suspended between the top bearing plate and bottom ball joint..

Diego

Ok understand terry, but my passenger side shock catches the fender well and pops and scatches.... and only when turning left it never happened til I had my passenger cv replaced after my tire came off.....

Terry help me... lol

Diego

When I turn right in fine as can be but turning left it rubs and scrapes.

Terry Posten

Sounds like the top bearing plate is bad. I have never seen a strut hit the inner fender well.

Got any clearance pics?

Diego

So I just replaced my oild pan gasket cause it was leaking looks like I need a new oil pan too... fml. Well the oil pan has been gettin beat on by the cv shaft which I'm sure I now need to replace......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

So I need a oil pan. 66.00 from factory
Cv shaft DS..... anyone here have it?

So I need to Figure why it hits still.... autobahntom has gr2 tht I will get

I'm so upset I could cry literally I put so much time into trying to bring back a raped car and still everything I do something else gives.... I'm sorry mods but FU*K. #amit.... the HG doesn't have 1000 miles on it....

Terry Posten

Are you having issues with the driverside axle? There is a inner shaft and an out shaft. The inner shaft has a bearing and bracket that bolts to the side of the block. Make sure those two bolts are good and tight. Also make sure that bearing is not shot.

Diego

all bolts on the DS cv including the littlt "L" bracket on the intermediate shaft have all been bolted up... everything is tight I triple checked everything before moving it and now i have a disaster... im going to the bank tmrw to see if i can get a loan to rebuild her AGAIN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif... FML FML FML FML...... so that makes it 36 miles last year and well 7 miles this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif.. agian im f'd on makin it to MOD in Normal this year because of this stupid BS...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts