The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Exhaust discussion.

coyotes

It drones more than its loud. Resonators fix that. The muffler is probably packed out at this point, I may try replacing it after I see how a resonator changes things

badams

I put this material called B-Quiet on the floor boards. Seems to do a good job but I did it before I had an exhaust so I don't have a before/after comparison. Might give it a try, reasonably priced too.

B-Quiet - click

20140703_034517.jpg

GSTwithPSI

^ Yep. That's what I would do.

You may be able to "tune" some of the drone out with a resonator, but it's basically trial and error until you find the proper location in the system, as well as the right resonator. Even then, it still won't be a drastic difference. My 1G 3" was loud, the 3" system on 1813 was loud, and so is the 3" on 1837. Least, that's my experience. 3" systems are just loud...The end. You can try a resonator, but I really think sound deadening material like the stuff posted above would yield better results for the money.

coyotes

I just feel like "that guy" with the loud ass exhaust droning on the highway. Maybe I'm getting old too.

coyotes

Exactly. I feel like the exhaust has gotten louder. Don't think a turbo would do that though. Probably just time for a new muffler

Jesus_Negros

I understand the getting over the noise thing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned