The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

C.F.T. Galant vr4 1004 hp !!!!!!

rlturbo35

Hi guys we are back with some new numbers , only issue try to go down the track and blew up the tranny already,oh well probably we need to wait a little bit and get a dog box , let's see , thanks to my sponsors Competition Clutch , Spark Tech , Ricky Pop Fabrications , THP Machine shop and Nesta Racing Engines. HERES THE LINK OF THE VIDEO click

464/2K

Is this the most hp a gvr4 has ever put down?

Ralli380Gvr4

Whoa! That's gnarly.

Congrats on the numbers!

Holy sh*t... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif What kind of mods are on that beast? Nice!!

steve

^ A little intake, a little exhaust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

NICE!

rlturbo35

this the same setup greddy t88h gk with 45 psi ,forced performance cams stage 5 intake stage 11 exhaust ,aem with fuel injector clinic injectors 1850cc with the easy tune box and a little bit of nos (75hp) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif feels so impressive ,i wish that i have a dog box , thas all i need to go fast!!! oh well i have to wait a little bit!!!

Thanks Rolo...

Very nice bro. You might of put a few dollars, and alot of blood, sweat, and now with your dogbox issues, some tears.
Thats very impessive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Thats got to be some sort of a power record you'd think.

NateCrisman

This sounds like a car begging for an automatic if there ever was one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Congrats on the engine program being insane! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

381gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gifAwesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

AWDnoobie

wow nice vr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Do you have any pictures of the build up by chance?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif
I do believe this is a record for for a gvr4. Glad you swapped that Garrett back out for the T88H. The car was never the same after the T88H came off & the Garrett went on. I'm sure you're going to bring it to the next NSCRA event. Competition is gonna be stiff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Galantvr41062

Why not run the GT4202? That is the biggest turbo you can run in the NHRA Hot rod class or IHRA turbo 4. From what I can find on specs the Greddy T88H 34D is smaller then the GT4202. In any case that is a lot more power then when it was running before, any ideas on the race weight?

~John

Last edited:

Jordangvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif can't wait to see number's on the track???

rlturbo35

The greddy turbo t88h gk is the biggest turbo from greddy , front compressor is 76 mm and it's turbo trim turbine wheel is huge lot bigger than any gt42, but if i could sell this i will try something new and lot smaller on the turbine size for sure , thanks Rolo...

Galantvr41062

Oh, so you have the huge t88H, I have only found the specs for the smaller T88H. The car looks like it still has a usable power band. So what is the race weight? And good luck at the track.

~John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts