The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bonneville Galant exposed

KT

Awesome work. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, do you have any flow numbers for the head? Just kidding, inside board joke.

KT

G

Staff member
That's awesome who's going to be the second to try this mod?

CarRacer

I wonder what kind of noise these cars make at over 200 mph?

Also, I think Alex at DSG would be the next logical step for the oil passage bypass. He has the means and the motor is currently out.

deluded

we aren't running one since the car runs for such a short time, but it would be very easy to add one in line with the remote filter.

someone asked about the 300ZX twin turbo that we sponsored. 224mph record; funny, i fully expect our Galant to go faster than that at speedweek next year. we've building our own Z32 hardtop to attack 260mph. turbo titan V8 power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

deluded

yes, i just used an npt plug. sorry, forgot about that... you'd remember in a hurry if you forgot and started up the engine!

G

Staff member
You guys doing the silver state classic?

3rdstrikedsm

Wow that oil pump mod is brilliant, Seriously.

Barnes

Between this mod, and removing balance shafts, I wonder if anyone has looked into shrinking the stock oil pump to save power.

curtis

Vernon just read the first part again. You were talking about the aft left and right head studs and the head cracking above 105 ft pounds. Had an idea if you have a shop that can do it which I'm sure you can. Chevy guys always port through the push rod hole in the v8's then they go back and press in brass bushing for push rod to go through this is about the same thing. Now on yours you could machine down with a end mill lets say .100 deep and about .150 larger in dia. then machine straight down all the way through at like .075 larger hone to a perfect size and then cut individual stepped bushing/pins and press to fit by putting the head in an oven for an hour or so and having the pins frozen. If there in a water jacket this should keep them sealed, I guess the best way to see is get a junk head and cut it up with a band saw and see how large you can go .

Bet money then you could torque as high as you want or up the size of the studs and uses some half inch ford or chevy stuff, on the mustangs we use to torque above 100 ft lbs always.

Prime example of this is the stock mitsubishi turbo bolts use them once and toss them because there going to break down and stretch or break the next time. I remedied this with the schwitzer I installed the last time. I drilled out the turbine housing and installed 1/2 x 13 industrial heat treated socket head bolts and torqued to 110ft lbs. When I tore the car down the gasket was perfect.

fivestardsm

Quote: curtis

"I guess the best way to see is get a junk head and cut it up with a band saw and see how large you can go."

I see that this was a month ago, but I have a junk head if you want me to find out, which bolt holes are you curious about?

Last edited:

Quoting Terry Posten:
Quoting boostedinaz:
Quoting DarkDevilMMM:
now it's settle, GREEN is t3h FASTEST Galant!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Agreed.

Disagree - YELLOW is the fastest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great job.

is a GREEN in a yellow suit, but with GREEn heart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts