The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

braided stainless lines

Hey guys just reviving an old thread here Brian from lower shores performance would like to go forward with making some hard line to replace the crappy rubber hoses in our engine bay.He still needs a few things to start making the lines like these that he made for the starion club below

click

If anyone is in the Wilmington North Carolina area or close by that could get some lines and hoses to him he can get this started. If all else fails then if someone has a JSB(and I know there are a few lol) maybe they can get him what he needs to prototype these lines. Come on guys am I the only one that wants braided stainless line to replace those ugly ass rubber lines? Please help now if you can pm or reply to this post and I can get your information to Brian.
Thanks guys...

Last edited by a moderator:

TylerAdamson

I think you'd have better luck if you listed specific hoses.

TylerAdamson

Is he going to be converting them to AN fittings or using the generic AN "look" clamps? Also what benefit would these be over standard rubber lines?

Last edited:

AN fittings? Dude have you ever seen a race car or high performance car with rubber hoses? do you really need me to answer that question come on man wake up....

TylerAdamson

I'm asking to help clarify for other people. You aren't giving much information here and I'm painfully trying to drag it out of you, but you're sir are being a bit of a douche about it.

And you also don't see those same performance/race cars with those cheap ass an styled clamps that are in the picture you posted. Those are no better than your standard worm clamp and only gain is aesthetics. I was going to send some lines to you as I've already converted most of my lines to AN, but your attitude ruined that one.

mitsuturbo

Quoting Blown1:
AN fittings? Dude have you ever seen a race car or high performance car with rubber hoses? do you really need me to answer that question come on man wake up....

To be fair, the link you supplied showed a lot of hoses that had AN fittings on one end, and a worm clamp on the other. I may be mistaken, but i believe that's why TA asked you what he did.

SmoothCustomer

Well I will say this. I hope this isn't crappy rubber hose covered by stainless braid because I had that stuff melt through and leak pretty badly on an oil cooler, which is not even that hot. Also, you can say it was crappy hose (which it was) but why would I spend more on high quality stainless when I can spend the same on pro classic which is of MUCH higher quality and is also much much lighter. I also don't really know why this would be any different than me just going on summit and picking out which fittings and how much hose I need but hopefully you will answer that one.

Edit: And yeah, those hose clamps are total ricer status.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Proclassic FTMFW. That sh*t is absolutely INfuckingCREDIBLE. My first experience with it was when my Setrab oil cooler arrived, with -8an proclassic hoses attached. I was amazed at how flexible and light they are. The stainless stuff "looks" cool, but it scratches things, frays, is very rigid, and very heavy. Furthermore, there are MANY "stainless braided hose" manufacturers out there, ranging from taiwanese "look at my cool hoses that won't last six months" garbage, to top notch industrial quality hose that will last years.

turbowop

Quoting Blown1:
ok
oil filter housing hose under car
4 or 5 hoses off tstat housing

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have two coolant lines running to my stock oil filter housing/cooler. Are those what you're talking about?

There are ten coolant hoses in the engine bay. Upper and lower radiator hoses, two heater core hoses, two hoses that connect the oil cooler, two hoses to the turbo, and two hoses to the throttle body. Everything oil related is already hard line. That just leaves vacuum lines.

Even if somebody makes a bunch of stainless braided AN equipped hoses, it would require AN style bungs to be welded wherever the lines are going. Good luck getting a bunch of people onboard for that undertaking. I suggest you go about this on your own. Anybody wanting stainless hoses usually needs custom lengths anyway due to having custom setups in the engine bay.

lol didnt mean to sound like a douchebag man just want to get this project up and running I just wanted to get some better lines and hoses for these cars didnt mean to come off as an asshole my apologies sir....

Quoting TylerAdamson:
I'm asking to help clarify for other people. You aren't giving much information here and I'm painfully trying to drag it out of you, but you're sir are being a bit of a douche about it.

And you also don't see those same performance/race cars with those cheap ass an styled clamps that are in the picture you posted. Those are no better than your standard worm clamp and only gain is aesthetics. I was going to send some lines to you as I've already converted most of my lines to AN, but your attitude ruined that one.

This is the same guy that made the piece of sh*t boost controller that so many people on this board run(lsp) so I dont think its some fly by night piece of chinese or taiwanese sh*t. He works for a a major aircraft manufacturer and does this on the side just ask terry or any of the other guys who run his mbc. Jesus christ its no wonder no one wants to make sh*t for these cars everytime someone suggest something its shot to sh*t people should read entire posts before adding negative comments without knowing the full contents.My apologies for not explaining exactly the lines I was referring to in my original post but I guess that what I get for opening my big mouth about stainless lines they serve no purpose and are worse that the shitty rubber hoses that comes on these cars hope you are happy now.

quote name=mitsuturbo]Proclassic FTMFW. That sh*t is absolutely INfuckingCREDIBLE. My first experience with it was when my Setrab oil cooler arrived, with -8an proclassic hoses attached. I was amazed at how flexible and light they are. The stainless stuff "looks" cool, but it scratches things, frays, is very rigid, and very heavy. Furthermore, there are MANY "stainless braided hose" manufacturers out there, ranging from taiwanese "look at my cool hoses that won't last six months" garbage, to top notch industrial quality hose that will last years.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Proclassic FTMFW. That sh*t is absolutely INfuckingCREDIBLE. My first experience with it was when my Setrab oil cooler arrived, with -8an proclassic hoses attached. I was amazed at how flexible and light they are. The stainless stuff "looks" cool, but it scratches things, frays, is very rigid, and very heavy. Furthermore, there are MANY "stainless braided hose" manufacturers out there, ranging from taiwanese "look at my cool hoses that won't last six months" garbage, to top notch industrial quality hose that will last years.

Honestly, I think the proclassic looks better anyway, but I prefer everything that can be black to be black besides factory body paint. By the way I still don't see how this is better than just going and buying what I need from summit racing. Like Wop said you need to weld fittings onto most things anyway or you're using clamps, which there is no point to in my opinion.

P.S. This is absolutely not the way to get a group buy going. It doesn't matter what these people are saying, they probably wouldn't sway *too* many people if you kept it professional but I'm sure your attitude has changed a lot of minds. Also, calling a product that this company makes a piece of sh*t (whether or not it's your opinion) when nobody even brought that product up is probably a very poor idea.

I was being sarcastic there bro what I was saying is that this guy makes good stuff and is not a piece of crap because many people run his mbc with no issues what so ever. I guess I will just go this one on my own thanks for the feedback anyways my apologies to anyone that felt offended or if I came off as an asshole for that I apologize no disrespect was meant, again my sincerest apologies moderator please lock....
Thanks... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

SmoothCustomer

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
(whether or not it's your opinion)

I know you were, and that's why I said this. I would try my hardest not to associate a product that I like with a piece of sh*t unless it was in direct defense of said product.

jepherz

Staff member
This has come up in the past. All of the red connections in the pic above are the fake hose clamp A/N fittings.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned