The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power steering lines question.

blackvr4

Hey guys I'm in a bit of a bind, I finally connected the power steering on my vr-4 after deleting the AWS. Anyways I found that 2 of the hydrolic lines were rusted and had cracks in them, thus they where pissing fluid everywhere. Anyways looks like the rack is going to have to come out. I looked around and found this thread.

click

Looks like I am going to need these 2 lines part number being

MB564864 and MB564865. They look like they are around 70 dollars for both I am just wonder if I can use lines out of an Eclipse or even if I can get my hands on the galant lines. Which site would you guys recommend ordering the original lines from a galant, or do you guys have any other suggestions other than me deleting the power steering

Thanks for any help!

DSSA

Just a note on these:

There's only 3 left in the country for the first part #, and 4 of the second part #.

Get them while they're hot if you need them.

blackvr4

Any Idea where I can order those? Am I able to order them threw JNZ?

DSSA

Yes.

Fortunately, we are first in line for them and can have them in a day or two from the remaining stock.

You can give us a call 10am to 6pm (EST) @ 215-997-6850 and if you call before 4pm tomorrow we can ship them out on Thursday, meaning you should have them on Friday.

We actually sold one of the last sets of these last week (irony).

We're in discussion with Mitsu on some of the obsolete parts that we're trying to get another run of, but unfortunately in this case, this isn't a big seller so these will probably be it.

Josh

Last edited:

DSSA

Thanks for the call!

We'll have them out to you shortly!

Now it's 2 of one and 3 of the other left in the country.

blackvr4

Hey man you think Ill have them by friday? I mean it's really not a super big rush I just want to have the steering rack out by the time I get the line!

Thanks a bunch!

DSSA

It all depends on what time our delivery gets here on Thursday.

I'll try to have them pull your lines out of the order first so we can try to get them out the same day (which would put them to you on Friday).

Thanks!

Josh

blackvr4

Alright thanks a lot man! I guess I'll start taking out the rack tonight then. Hopefully if everything goes as planned Ill have her together this weekend!

curtis

Hey you shouldn't be telling your homolaterial secrets

blackvr4

Thanks JNZ I got the lines yesterday as I was leaving the house to go take out the rack, needless to say I took out the rack yesterday and had it all back together around 8pm. no leaks yet and power steering feels great! just needs an alignment now!

thanks for fast shipping on what seems to be a rare part!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned