The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boost controller

thecannoliman121

hi,
im looking into a boost controller. im chipping my 91 vr4 and doing a bunch of upgrades. i want to know what would be the best and cheapest way to get a boost controller. my limit would be $50 if that is possible.

James

I think there's one spot left for the lower shores boost control buy in

bigblock4g63

hallman

transparentdsm

click

its 60 bucks, but its a steal. there usually 110$ i think.

edit: what is so special is they make a great product that has been proven over the years. i have personally owned 15 or 16 as every time i bought a turbo car that was getting modded this would be the boost controller.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting thecannoliman121:
thanks,
What is so special about this one if you dont mind me asking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They work consistently.

If you can't afford an extra $50 or so bucks for a quality product, wait and save. That $50 will not go far towards an engine rebuild when the "cheap" one fails.

Alainb7

I dont know if you have ECMLink V3, but I run boost control by ECU and it run geat.

transparentdsm

then hold off on the boost controller and just buy the solenoid from then and run your boost through link. the solenoid is like 40 bucks. fits right in your budget.

cyhm

If you can find a used Hallman pro that is the way to go if you want mechanical boost control. If you can't find one, get a Hallman ES or something. Quality is important. You don't want to cheap out on something that could potentially blow up your car if it fails.

transparentdsm

didn't mean to be so vulgar, had a bad day, it seemed very sarcastic.

if you can wait till you get v3 then save your money and run that. that is what i did with this specific vehicle, but if you don't want to wait then get the hallman, save your money and buy the best mechanical one that you can. there is no reason to half ass things. i normally don't, but just recently i did and i paid for it. once with my radiator in 138 and second with 1078 i bought ebay, what i thought was OEM quality, timing components and the tensioner failed after 9000 miles and i bent all the valves. save your money, buy the better parts and save some money, time and heartache.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned