The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

external wastegate

tintoy

Hi.. need help. Looking for an external wastegate diagram to where should i connect the top port and lower port of the wastegate. And also i'll be using a manual boost controller. Thank u i advance.

mitsuturbo

With a MBC you would be using ONLY the lower port. The top one will remain unused.

I haven't used a MBC or ran single port in a very very long time, so i'll let someone else comment on where is best to tap for the boost source in this case.

vr4play

Lower port only and from a non vacuum source. Any where in between the throttle body and the turbo is fine. Most of the time I go right out of the turbo, there is usually a nipple. If not then I drill and tap and make a nipple.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned