The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boost controller

I just got a turbo xs manual boost controller but im not sure how to install it any help will be appreciated thanks. its going on a GVR4

broxma

One line from the boost source, preferably off the turbo compressor, to the inlet (Usually the longest) branch of the MBC.

The other line out to the wastegate nipple.

Turn it all the way down (Out, loosen) so that it runs wastegate pressure and tighten to increase boost. Increase boost slowly by giving half a turn or so, then checking boost on your gauge. Try and do the boost check in 3rd or 4th gear, not 1st or 2nd because loads will be higher and boost may subsequently be higher in 3rd or 4th.

/brox

alright i mainly get how to install it but when i attach it to the two vacuum hoses do i have to cap off were they originally came from cause there will be openings i believe.

belize1334

Normally the vacuum lines run to the stock bcs and then to the wg actuator. You will be reusing those same lines but putting your mbc in instead of the bcs. The bcs should remain electronically connected but you don't need to cap it off because it's completely removed from the vacuum system.

ok disregard my last reply so i just went out and have tooling with were im supposed to hook it up. I know were the hose on the wastegate actuator is but the one that comes of the turbo i cant find. Any help.

ok so there is a t fitting that has all the vacuum hoses connected to it one goes to the BOV on goes to the wastegate actuator and one goes to the ECI. Sorry if im making this hard im just having trouble understanding it. Right now i take the tube off the wastegate actuator and connect it to the MBC then i loose it do i hook up the tube that comes from the ECI to the MBC or is there somewhere else i must go first. Thanks for all the help im new in the DSM game.

Wait a minute! Is it a DSM or a GVR4? Not that it matters when hooking up a MBC, but gvr4's are often mistakingly called DSM's, when infact they are not. They were assembled in japan not Illinois.

On topic; Did this MBC not come with installation instructions? If not, I'm sure they could be found easily by using your search engine "google". It might make your life alot easier.

524of1000

If you have the stock compressor outlet there is a nipple on it you can use for the boost source. If not you ould need to find another point or weld a niple onto the IC pipe or compressor housing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned