The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

big power help with 565

Terrance362

hey today I went out and tried to turn over the vr4 and to my suprise it turn, I had the jumper cables on but it turned just a little I am going to take the starter off and test you never know...

Terrance362

Update on parts that I have gotten for 565.....
Magnus intake manifold with nit and meth bungs welded
1600cc injector
weisco 1400 HD pistons
jay racing alternator relocation
Hks timing belt
tranny is getting ready to be sent off....
gt4088

Parts I will get at x-mas
Jmf top mount manifold
twin 38mm waste gates
An lines and fittings with jmf breather
maybe Rpf1's

Terrance362

Well I figured that I would just update this thread. 565 is in pieces. My money is getting short on this build. I have the block is cleaned and bored and decked. I decided on Map Ultimate duty connecting rods, I am in need of a virgin crank. I kind of want a eagle crank but they are kind of expensive. I posted a pick of my manifold a couple weeks ago. The build will be done in the next couple months or weeks depending on my money.

rgeier11

Some people have said their Eagle cranks had poor tolerances when compared to a used Mitsubishi 6-bolt crank.

Terrance362

update list on parts.I ordered my rods from Maperformance on friday and I also ordered A1 H11 head studs, I also am getting my turbo manifold this week as well. Parts I am waiting on is Felpro MLS head gasket magnus intake gasket, (2)tial 38mm waste gates, Dsmlink V3 and Kelford cams(280's),new Oem oil pump,and Jay racing an fitting for water pump. Maybe this week I will get some stuff ordered. I will let you guys know what comes in and maybe I will steal camera and take some pic of all this stuff. Can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Terrance362

Update: Wow I got the rods and they are beautiful and the H11 head studs sick. I am still waiting on the mani. I took the interior out and I am going to be getting a cage in the next 2 weeks 7 point or 8 point. That is what the guy said he would do for scca reg and drag racing. Should be nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Terrance362

Update got the manifold I am in the process of taking the dash out(really don't want to do!!!!) Putting the front sus. back on so I can toe it to the guy doing the cage. Going to order in the next couple of weeks. Two 38mm waste gates(v-ban)Head gasket(felpro MLS), fuel pump(undecided), Dsm link V3,and going through the tranny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Mo money hopefully no problems

Terrance362

soon we will find out. Got to get the movin on puttin the front suspension back on. Then I can get the cage. Ohhh yeahhhhh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Terrance362

Hey I am thinking about turning my crank do you think I should or just trash the crank. Remember the car had locked up and then I free it back up again and it locked again

Terrance362

been working on the old Galant and I got the dash out and I need to clean it out and put the front end back on so I can send it off. Took my seats to a guy that is going to recover them for 150 for both. It is going to be leather on the side and suede down the middle. I am tired but happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
That dash was a bitch to get out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Terrance362

Update pictures I got a little bored, so I did some mock up pic. All /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I had was a crappy cell phone at the time enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

img.php

img.php

img.php

Terrance362

Update the G ride is off to get a cage. I can't wait to get it back the guy said it will take about 2-3 weeks to get it done. Now I can clean up my building. Hey guys dose anyone now someone that can weld my down pipe, it is a 4 inch v-band if I am not mistaken. I have to measure to make sure that I am right. Please let me know guys if you have anyone in mind for the job.

Terrance362

Almost forgot I am sending my crank to castillo crankshafts in CA. I should be sending it off and my 1600cc injectors to FIC to be turned to fit a dsm fuel rail. I am still waiting on my waste gates head gasket and a couple of little things. I have not decided on witch one of these is best for me(DSMLINK V3 or DSMMAP. Input is greatly appreciated so let me know which one you think is good and your reasons why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Terrance362

Got some cage update pic's

Ready for next week I get my car back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts