The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

big power help with 565

^ Don't forget that you can also run ECMLink V3 in speed density mode /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

slugsgomoo

isn't that once they have the update for it?

It does have native GM Maf support though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

It's pretty much done. My V3 is on the way and we're switching it to speed density when it gets here. There are several cars currently running v3 in speed density mode with great success. Some big power guys are beta testing it and providing feedback which is what we're doing as well (if you consider 400-500whp big power). It just hasn't been officially released as an update. Read up on the link forum for more information or call me next week and I'll let you know how it went on the dyno.

prove_it

Once I get a MAP wired up, I'll be running speed density with my V3. Money's tight right now though.
If you want stand alone and are cheap..... don't laugh...
check out megasquirt. It's not fancy, but it works.

Also you'll be just fine with 9.0:1 It's a GT40, it's going to lag.

prove_it

Quoting RvlutionMtrsport:
It's pretty much done. My V3 is on the way and we're switching it to speed density when it gets here. There are several cars currently running v3 in speed density mode with great success. Some big power guys are beta testing it and providing feedback which is what we're doing as well (if you consider 400-500whp big power). It just hasn't been officially released as an update. Read up on the link forum for more information or call me next week and I'll let you know how it went on the dyno.

by the way keep me posted on this. I'm really curious. I have high hopes for link. I don't mess with the sliders, just the factory maps.

I'll post up some updates after I've dyno'd. It runs excellent right now with the V2 and 3G MAS. Got 26mpg on the last tank and the car pulls like an animal. I'm pretty happy with the setup. V3 should just smooth things out a little more and hopefully extract a little more power/spool with a 4" intake and no MAS.

prove_it

what are you using to convert to speed density? I didn't realize you could eliminate the MAF already. I was going just use the MAF Clamp after about 300 hz.

When the V3 gets here we'll eliminate the MAF, run a MAP sensor and AIT sensor. Read up on the link board...

prove_it

i didn't realize you can run full speed density already. That is beautiful.
So your telling me that the hours I've spent compensating the MAF were pointless. Boo!

Terrance362

I just ordered my kiggly girdle and soon I am going to get my gorden rods and my pistons soon...I will keep you posted. When my motor locked up my crank seezed with it. I hope that it is okay or I my have to get it turned or another.

Do not cut your crank. It will make your crank weak.

Instead, find a good condition, un-cut crank and use that.

Where you are going to be making big power, you also want a certain amount of reliability. Cutting your crank will not afford you that.

Terrance362

yeah I know I hope that it is okay if not I want t see if I can get polished....but I might have to get another....Hey question??? some people are running non turbo blocks, what are the pros and con of that..I know that you don't have o squirters but what else..

CarRacer

Slugsgomoo talked about this earlier in the week in the IRC channel. The ring lands on the NA pistons are too close to the dome of the piston and have weaker ring lands unsuitable for turbo applications.

But, the N/T blocks are pretty much identical, aside from the 10.0:1 N/A pistons w/ weak lands.

The Cranks are the same, and the fact that it has no squirters might be an advantage depending on what you are doing with the engine.

I Blocked the squirters off in my last engine to maintain high oil pressure.

YMMV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terrance362

well I plan on just going .20 over and a girdle gorden alum rods and 9 to 1 pistons..I was going to get one thi week and get everything done as far as the machine work..Oil pressue is key with dsm's, that was one of the key reasons and n/a blocks don't get as much abuse as turbo blocks

John Shepherd runs 8's with an OEM oil pump. If its good enough for him...

I had a brand new OEM case/gears with the B/S removed, and the oil squirters removed, and I got 80 psi at 3000rpm. This is what John shepherd ran on his 8 second setup.

You needs more GT4082 Parts!

Terrance362

well that is why I posted that...John tracks his car and that is it no nonthing else..no street time mybe he drives it to work maybe...I am going for somthing different and I don't want to drop pressure...

Stock pumps will do 60 psi max, so at 3000 RPM 80 psi is way strong, and it goes up linearly by RPM.

That's 100psi at redline on: OEM pump, Removed B/S and oil squirters.

Enough pressure for ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned