The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best guide for 4g63t 6bolt rebuild?

socalgvr4

See $Subject?

Whats the definitive guide or good set up guides for a 4g63t build?

Currently have the Bowen, Garcia guide that I bought on Amazon, but need something that is more of a walk through.

TylerAdamson

This forum along with other forums dedicated to the 4g63 engine platform are going to be your biggest asset. Not much in the way of literature that's DSM/GVR4 specific.

CarRacer

Locate the factory engine service manual. It's what I used. It's over a hundred pages long and lists every torque number, measurement, and spec you'll need to build the engine.

ApexHunter

Try looking for a book on automotive engine building in general, as i don't think one exists specifically for the 4g63. I am also building a 4g63t right now in a class at my local college. Check the top pic here to see the textbooks we are using. I recommend both the class and shop manuals if you can swing it, however there may be cheaper alternatives out there.

Get the factory service manual, like was suggested above. You will be glad you did.

The Bowen/Garcia book is good too, as it has some cool 4g63 specific info that you won't find in the FSM.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned