The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Belize green paint code/ Duplicolor match?

Im in need of some touch up and possibly respray the wing. Does anyone know the duplicolor touch up that is closest to a direct match? And what is the paint code for our cars because i need to order paint.

turbophein

Quoting imdrax:
Im in need of some touch up and possibly respray the wing. Does anyone know the duplicolor touch up that is closest to a direct match? And what is the paint code for our cars because i need to order paint.

i posted up a while ago about this. go to your local auto paint store, they will be able to mix up a batch of factory color in a spray can. just bring your color code. you can get a base coat, that will need clear or single stage with clear in it already. i pay $17 a can for this, but it is the best step if you don't spray it for real...

From the galantvr4.org/rhertz page:

Summit White
W09

Belize Green
G31

Nile Black
X68

Kensington Grey
H52

Thanks, I found the code right after posting, still curious is anyone has found a close match with any of the duplicolor products found at autoparts stores.

^Go to any paint store and they can make you a spray can of the factory color using that code.

I talked to the place here in town and they dont. The closest place is 25 miles and charge $25+ they said. This is why I asked about if anyone has used the autoparts store duplicolor touch up for $5. I mean driving 25 miles and spending $25 to put a tiny dap of paint on a couple rock chips?????

^Ok then get something that is "close enough". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Granted it'll probably look like sh*t but its your car. It's not a black or white that is easy enough. Belize green is kind of complex and changes a little in the light.

Here's an example of using an off the shelf "green":
807330437_4aZNx-M.jpg

Why not do it right or not do it at all?

NateCrisman

Quoting crankwalk:
^Ok then get something that is "close enough". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Granted it'll probably look like sh*t but its your car. It's not a black or white that is easy enough. Belize green is kind of complex and changes a little in the light.

Here's an example of using an off the shelf "green":
807330437_4aZNx-M.jpg

Why not do it right or not do it at all?

HAHAH no kidding. Bondo is cracking on that corner too. Whoever did that "repair", and I put it in quotes because that is hardly worthy of being called repair, most certainly did not do it right. Doing repairs in a manner like this really bites you in the ass when you want to sell the car. I'd rather have the dent or scratch or rock chip than a half assed repair.

Last edited:

Take your gas cap door off (not sure if it comes off easily on the GVR4) or some other body panel and bring it into your local auto parts store. Make sure that the gas cap door (or whatever part you bring in) is clean and polished etc so you have the best chance of obtaining a match.

Look at the rattle can cap and match it up. I have touched up a few cars this way so well that you really couldn't tell I did it. Since no one here seems to have taken a chance doing this yet, I wouldn't bother. It is just too much of a risk and hassle for me. I would just go to that automotive touchup website the last poster posted.

I have used their paints on several of my cars and it matched perfectly, except when I tried to touchup paint on my Infiniti G20 (Starfire Blue Pearl).
The paint would not match and it stayed extra dull even with clearcoat, wet sanding, and buffing. They wouldn't stand behind their product either, so be aware of that.

If you decide to take your chances, please let me know how it turned out. Post some pics. I am cheap when it comes to this stuff as well. I also have enough experience with this stuff to know that I don't want to deal with extra hassle if it turns out wrong..

turbowop

I've done the hood/trunk jambs on 1051 and the front and rear JDM bumpers on 503 with rattle can mixed up to factory paint code by a local paint supply store. Looks pretty much perfect. Anybody that sees the bumpers on 503 are usually blown away that all I did was spray paint them.

I think that the above example could have been blended better even with the paint difference. Still that is off enough to kind of discourage me from messing around with it since I really like my car!

What's this talk about getting rattle can with the clear coat built in? Sounds like less of a hassle. I am all for that!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned