The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bearing choices

971of1000

I am building a motor currently and am wondering what you guys think of different bearings. I am needing main and rod bearings for a daily driven/ auto-x, je/ eagle build. I am leaning towards acl race series but possibly have concerns of longevity.

Terry Posten

That is what I am using.

TurboTrader

I see no reason ACL tri-metal (same as race I think?) will not hold up. That's what most seem to be using. If there is anything better out there, I would love to know, but I'm not sure that there really is.

Galantvr41062

King bearings are good, that is what is in my motor right now, but ACL race bearings are by far the best you could put in the motor.

~John

I've used King, ACL, and clevites. All have held up very well. Some of the engines I have built have been DD'd for about 6 years, and still running well.

FCR

ACL Race all the way.

fuel

ACL race bearings are good, even their standard bearings are fine too. I've recently been using Clevites and found them good too.

prove_it

I'm using clevite's now in my engine, been running for 12K+ miles of DD. Held up great even during cold weather starts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned