The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

500-600hp engine set up and rwd

fuel

yeah it would be alot of work, probably better off with a tube frame front end - the chassis rails are too narrow together and too low down to even have a transverse engine layout or have driveshafts running to the front hubs. The whole chassis dynamics are setup to be a good RWD car too and they would just be ruined trying to make it AWD.. it would drive nothing like a GVR-4 or Evo would once AWD.

I'm doing a 6G72 MIVEC twin turbo swap to one of mine.

RedTwo

On top of that, the HKS Starion is a different kettle of fish to the 4WD Starion too. But that's heading towards 'Starion shell over custom chassis' territory

fuel

can't forget the 4WS Starion either :p

RedTwo

And while we're this far off topic... lol
Actually H0STYL has/had a RWD VR4 and there's a few RWD 7G VR4s around these parts, one of which I know was breaking rear diffs/shearing teeth off gears frequently (on near stock power) until the engine went **POP** I believe.

H05TYL

Indeed I do/did, with a mere 230hp @ wheels it'll quite happily snap one or both 3-bolt axles if you dare to drop the clutch in 1st - not so much or a problem in 2nd or 3rd. Since I disposed of the stock alloy t-case in favour of an Evo steel one I haven't had any problems from that area. As soon as you replace the weakest link though, something else becomes the weakest link.

Mine will be going back to 4wd as soon as I've sorted out the rear 5-stud hub conversion to match the front (so I can run same/size wheels).

There's a guy over here who Drifts one in our national series, I believe he was/is looking at using a Nissan rear end.
His car's high as a kite and has a nasty looking "drift" bodykit fitted to it though.
If you decide to go through with this I'd recommend aiming for ~400hp but remember drifting is first and foremost about how good you look - so you'll need some custom front hubs so you can super low and with sweet fitment - aim for a wheel centre to guard lip of about 270mm (with 18"x9" +30 and 215/40's) on the front.

You guys have ejected this poor noob from the site like goose and maverick in top gun. I feel as if I am on DSMSpooners again.

raptorWagon

Let's just leave the drifting Subawho guys...silly canadians.
IMGP0371.jpg

brisvr4

Quoting turbowop:
He would have contributed little anyway. RWD drift setup in a GVR4? Good riddance.

Almost as funny as this one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned