The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bearing/ring selection

Kenny_Kline

I am putting back together my 6bolt. Stock 1G crank, pistons, rods. I was wondering what people are running for rod bearings and piston rings. I plan to make around 350whp and not taking it past 7000RPM.

I was looking into the ACL race bearings. A few people told me to grab those. If you need any more info other than what I provided, just ask. Look forward to your help.

-K

464/2K

350whp is easily done on stock blocks.... Id order oem bearings and rings. Oem quality is second to none.

Kenny_Kline

Here are the choices:

Rod bearings:
-ACL tri metal ACL-4B1146H-STD std size or std size w/ +.001 oil clearance $36.95 extreme
-Clevite 77 CLV-CB-1120AL std size $23.50 extreme
-Mitsu OEM $78.57 JNZ

Piston Rings:
-Mitsu OEM $124.22 JNZ

I had my stock rods fitted with ARP rod bolts and main studs fitted with ARP studs and had them line bored to make sure they wire perfect when torqued to spec.

So you guys are saying a set of OEM bearings and rings are the best bet? Rather kind of pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianawd

When I was still running my 95/90 motor and I had to put some new rings in it because of getting bead blast in the motor. I just tossed in to after market rings and some no name bearings. Car trapped 128mph on those. When I pulled that motor apart the rings and bearing looked great.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned