The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone using a quick Release Steering wheel?

Brunoboy

If so, do you have any pics of it installed? and what brand, model # did you get for it?
-Shane

jb4

I had a Momo steering wheel with NRG quick release 2.5 and short hub adapter. I ended up selling it and buying a stock wheel. I'll check to see if I have any pics of it installed.

Brunoboy

do you remember which model and such ? I wanna get a quick release for my car.

Brunoboy

thanks guys, for the teknig one, which kit is it? I already have a 6 bolt steering wheel

RayH

If you already have a hub for a Momo, than I think you only need the Snap-Off for a Momo steering wheel. If you don't have a hub and are going to use it for a Momo/OMP/Sparco wheel then you need to get their hub kit for a Mitsubishi, the Snap-Off for a Tekniq wheel and then their adapter from Tekniq to Momo bolt pattern. If you're getting their hub you might want to check to see if they have a Snap-Off with the Tekniq bolt pattern on the hub side and Momo pattern on the wheel side allowing you to skip the adapter.

H05TYL

I got a cheap "D1 spec" brand quick release to fit between the momo boss and the momo wheel, have used it every day for several years and it's mint, no play at all.

Brunoboy

ok thanks, and whats D1 spec?

H05TYL

D1spec is the brand name, I've seen very similar/identical items for sale under a bunch of different names, but the quality appears to be good.

H05TYL

Yup, it bolts straight to a 6 bolt momo boss, and straight to a momo 6 bolt wheel.
It also comes with 6 allen head bolts (to attach it to the boss) and you use the original 6 bolts to attach the wheel to the other half of the QR.
Note it actually has 12 holes, in two different pcd's, so it will fit both momo and nardi steering wheels/boss kits.

To release it you need to push in the silver button and slide the ring back towards the steering wheel, this releases the 10 ball bearings that hold the wheel in place - it takes both hands to do, so it's not likely to come off by accident.

99198087_full.jpg

Brunoboy

Thanks, I will be ordering this asap.
-Shane

H05TYL, any pics o fthat hub installed on your car? How far out did it bring the wheel? It looks pretty thick.

H05TYL

Just went and took some, the QR adds 2.5" (75mm) between the boss and the steering wheel, personally I found this a good thing. With the lowness of this seat I could really do with the steering column coming down another few inches also.

2010_0316burnouts0008.jpg

2010_0316burnouts0011.jpg

2010_0316burnouts0013.jpg

Brunoboy

Well i just ordered mine, it was $85 plus 20 shipping, so 105$ shipped to my door. Silver carbon fiber or Black Carbon Fiber. I will take pics when I get it. Thanks guys
-Shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned