The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone have a how to on Projector Retrofits yet?

QnzMostWanted

good find on the clearing the lens, i think with the links we have all provided, making a quality set of projectors wouldnt be a hard thing, we just need the measurements of the stock headlights

I wish I had my camera yesterday when I held an s13 silvia projector headlight up to the Galant. same curvature, just barely longer (trim grille) and about 3/8" shorter than the stock light. Of course they were deeper than the regular light because of all the projector business, but they were verrry close. Definitely closer than the BMW lights somebody mentioned (sadly, I know they were talking about e36 style).

I will get pics when I go back down there, probably within the next week. For now, Google Image search...

click

Last edited by a moderator:

thedsmguy

Quote:
I wish I had my camera yesterday when I held an s13 silvia projector headlight up to the Galant. same curvature, just barely longer (trim grille) and about 3/8" shorter than the stock light. Of course they were deeper than the regular light because of all the projector business, but they were verrry close. Definitely closer than the BMW lights somebody mentioned (sadly, I know they were talking about e36 style).

I will get pics when I go back down there, probably within the next week. For now, Google Image search...

click

This right here is sorta exciting. I'd love to see them fit in there!

QnzMostWanted

ready to start my retrofit, about to order the mini h1's next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IMG-20111024-00124.jpg

I started this like 12 months ago and ran out of money to finish. I took apart 93's and got as far all the adhesive off the grey housings. Pita. I still need to remove adhesive from the glass.

I was going to send them out to have them sandblasted since the chrome was peeling, and then spray them upon return, or have them powdercoated chrome, and reassemble.

If anyone needs dimensions let me know, I have mine apart and sitting.

A+ thread, lots of good info. I will probably send mine out to let someone do the retrofit.

Re the Saab lights that guy did, a+ to him for diving in but I have doubts about how long that clear paint will last before it clouds. Hid's are hot, are they not? The k in 4500k, 5000k, etc is "kelvin" or candlepower from what I understand. I think he should have been more patient and used the diamondite rather then using paint.

GSX_TC

I'll be doing mine next year, we decided to go with the Honda S2000 projector, it's gonna cost an arm and a leg but I'm gonna do it.

finally got around to getting the comparison pics, sorry for the wait.

from the front, it looks like it would extend into the grille area just a bit
300184_10150371984003355_562338354_8629702_1407641090_n.jpg

From the top the curvature is almost perfect, far better than the BMW lights people used to use (csm guys)
299734_10150371980803355_562338354_8629693_415075711_n.jpg

there is a significant depth difference because of all the projector business, but nothing unworkable if you (can/are willing to) weld.
297620_10150371984048355_562338354_8629703_678682962_n.jpg

BrandonEchols

^ Those look like they could be a very nice looking alternative.

Brunoboy

what headlights are those?

381gvr4

^ S13 Nissan 240sx jdm projectors.

RedTwo

JDM 240SX? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Interesting, looks like it should work.

Brunoboy

Quoting 381gvr4:
^ S13 Nissan 240sx jdm projectors.

i was thinking that, they looked like the 240sx "bricks"

Quoting omertaitalia:
those are sexy, pics of them installed please!

I don't have the scratch for a set of my own yet, those belong to a shop I hang out at.

you know what else is weird? The s13 corner marker light looks almost identical to the 89-92 CSM, right down to the trim line in the fender.

Brunoboy

that looks pretty good

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned