The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone Scrapping A Galant?

atc250r

Staff member
If you are I could use a piece of the radiator support. My GGSX was hit in the front and the previous owner didn't think it was important enough to mention it to me. I'd like to fix it and need a piece sawed out of the support so I can weld it into this one. It doesn't need to be from a GVR4 and doesn't need to be a very big piece so it can be shipped pretty easily. I can take a pic and give measurements to anyone who might be able to help. I'd like to get this done before I swing the motor/trans in and put the FMIC/front bumper on.

Thanks.

John

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

Upper or lower support?
Im parting a G-GSR right now BUT the lower support is rusted away.
Ill be parting out a uber-rare '93 G-LS sometime in the next couple months as well.

PM me if I can be of any help..
-Shawn

atc250r

Staff member
Thanks Shawn. Its the lower part on the passenger's side. Look on the left side of this pic:

Thanks.

John

BoostedAWD91

pm Sean(SleepinGVR4). He has a junk black galant at his house that was smashed in the side.

curtis

John another option could be a bolt on piece that has a flat plate to bolt under the two bumper support area then has a piece of 1 3/4 (think roll bar) tubing that goes straight down bends then across then back up. Thats one of the things I have planed for mine when I get there.

atc250r

Staff member
PM has been sent to Sleepin. I've had a couple of responses but they were all pretty far away. I'm hoping I can find someone within a couple of hours of here that I can get it from or maybe someone coming to the meet in NY next weekend can pick it up from someone who's local to them.

Thanks.

John

NateCrisman

I can't believe I missed this. I'v got #931 sitting behind the shop bare shell style. your welcome to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Sweet. Let me know what day works for you and I'll take a ride out. I'll try to fit the CF hood in my station wagon so you can check it out.

John

NateCrisman

monday - wedesday friday Im usually at the garage screwing around with something. next weekend I'm totaly shot: wife's birthday dinner, wedding on sunday, another event to shoot on sat morning.

atc250r

Staff member
Alright. I'll give you a call. I leave work at 2:50 so I can be out by you around 4. I'll bring the sawzall!

John

NateCrisman

Much better than my chissle & hammer method /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, please don't do that to the radiator support, I need to be able to re-attach it when I get it home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned