The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone good wth jackal?

presterone

Just looking for some insight, I used the search bar and found results about jackal but not much detailed tuning info. Im on ds-map however they are super busy or my questions are too noob.

citymunky

Nice to more people lookin into Jackal.
Ask away.

Lucas03ES

I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this thread. I already have the SD set up in my car, but i'm gonna let it break in on a stock tune. Once that is done I will be switching to Jackal, but I feel like I am in the same boat as you not knowing much about the tuning process.

presterone

So I can't figure out how to post logs on there site, I assume theres another host site that I have to upload files off my computer, I only know how to do that with photos but not sure about files from my logger. I have made adjustments to the VE and press the upload button and the AFRs would be closer to my target but the VE number would be way down to like 17.6 after I do the 1500rpm adjustment to make my AFRs about 13.0 I would go higher and try to do this with the car not moving throughout the entire rev range. After messing with it until about 2500rpm I would go back to idle (1500 RPM) and the AFR's would be way off back to about 11.0 so even though I was hitting the upload button it seemed after a little while the fueling would go back to its base map. Oh and on decel sometimes my AFR would lean way out to about twenty.

And incase anybody has some thoughts on this it would probably help to post the engine setup
Forced performance 16G
Race manifold for the 16G
FMIC
GM 3 bar map (speed density setup for jackal)
RC 725cc injectors and 255lph fuel pump
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3'' exhaust that stops just before where there would be a cat ( I need to buy a cat-back)
the software is ostrich 2.0 and I have a zietronix logger and display box
and wideband 02

citymunky

1st What are you not using Jackal's logger? After you log your run, save your file on hard drive. Upload file to forum. I you do this the forum can see what's going on and help.

Also a AFR of 21.7 on decel is normal.

presterone

The previous owner had the zietronix logger and claims its easier to use. I actually just found out I couldnt post logs because I was a sub 5 post user haha. So I am going to try and post a log and also a snapshot to show my injector deadtimes because I am unsure if they are dialed correctly. I had no idea on decel it was normal, the engine would cut out and sputter and at time on accel(low load) the afr's would go up to 17, it wasn't on boost but still I think that might be too lean pre boost.
heres a screen shot of the deadtimes

presterone

cant figure out how to post it so you can scroll through the log but just to give you an idea

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned