The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 brotherhood

G

Staff member
So i posted facelift jdm.

IncorpoRatedX

You wanna talk about brotherhood? Let me tell something to you.

When i posted that I'll have to part out my galant to make sure I can pay for school, a long time member of these forums PM'd me and offered to send me the money on a zero interest loan. I don't want to name names because charity is best anonymous and I'm not certain he would want his name out there like that, but regardless I was blown away by the generosity. Having a stubborn sense of independance I couldnt allow myself to take a personal loan, not from a friend, not from a person I've never met face to face. But the fact that it was offered to me really made me warm and fuzzy inside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif :nohomo:

strokin4dr

I believe it. There are some really caring and kind-hearted members on this board.

STROKING, did you buy your car from a former employee at FIFTH GEAR??? I talked to the manager at my savannah store yesterday about his old green vr4. Just curious.

strokin4dr

No, but I have heard about a green vr4 that use to roam the streets around here. I wonder if it is the same car? Mine was completely stock when I bought it, but had jumped timing. I doubt the owner of fifth gear owned this one because it would have at least had a set of aftermarket wheels on it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Do you know the guys name? I heard it was an indian guy that owned that one.

I don't know his name. Matt is the manager at that location. He mentioned to me yesterday that someone used to have one that worked for us. Lol, at the wheel comment. We all buy wheels for all our cars. I am looking at a set of OZ RACING tribe evos, or gram light 57 pro c's at the moment.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting Alpha Male:
You wanna talk about brotherhood? Let me tell something to you.

When i posted that I'll have to part out my galant to make sure I can pay for school, a long time member of these forums PM'd me and offered to send me the money on a zero interest loan. I don't want to name names because charity is best anonymous and I'm not certain he would want his name out there like that, but regardless I was blown away by the generosity. Having a stubborn sense of independance I couldnt allow myself to take a personal loan, not from a friend, not from a person I've never met face to face. But the fact that it was offered to me really made me warm and fuzzy inside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif :nohomo:

See there are some great people out there, That is the coolest thing I have heard in some time.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
AMG Galant headrests:
img.php

Stock C53a Turbo seat tops converted to matte black as shown by a member here:
img.php

Stock C10 turbo seat tops with factory zippered upholstery which I installed in a C53a, with a little swapping - direct head rest fitment I assume across most Mitsu's of this vintage.
img.php
[/url]

Installed seats birthed in a C52a chassis.

I think the C10 turbo headrests are as close as you will come to getting the original AMG headrests, well for most of you wanting them.

On topic - brotherhood of car guys would probably sum it up best for me, because where else can you get help in the form of a motor/trans combination for less than it would cost to have a dealer diagnose an electrical gremlin. It doesn't matter to me which board I'm on, good people will shine through and soar above the rest (no pun intended - see screenname!). Glad to see that people can still find the bits for these cars that can stand them out from at least most of the rest of us. +1 for originality to curtis !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Quoting curtis:

Man there good to go the trim on one of the lights had a small cracked place but its removable and no big deal. I can glue it or just replace Not even sweating it noting that paint and some time can't turn to perfection, but I do hate popcorn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for shipping them out to me.

Nice they reached you in (almost) perfect condition. They didn't had a small cracked place when they left, so there is/was some small damage caused by shipping them, that sucks... Hahaha, used al the popcorn i could find to carefully pack them, but if you have to unpack such a package, it really gives a mess, but that's your problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're welcome. Not a problem, glad to help you people out with such EDM stuff. Stuff/parts wich are good to get here, are 'hard' to get in the US, and vice versa, so it's good to help each other out.

About the brotherhood, i first came here to get some more information about the 6th gen vr4 i wanted to buy. Before i knew it i saw so much nice parts for my GTi, and such a load on information about the vr4 AND about the whole 6th gen galants, that i registered. The thing wich amazed me most, was what you guys now call 'the brotherhood'. Everyone was helping each other out as much as they could, and that is/was just amazing. One of the reasons i decided to 'stay' here, though i still don't have a VR4, only came across 1 interesting one, but that one was sold before i even could buy it. But i'm sure i'll have a vr4 within a short amount of time, and it's certainly a great community here to be part of. In fact i never saw a community like this one, where really EVERYONE helps each other out. The bad guys section is SO small, and much of the posts there are from people who have bought from 'new' people on the forum. This is really a one of a kind forum/community!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

curtis

Check the conquests and starions, some had headrests in the seats like the red one above and others had this space shuttle looking seat. Which are way cool. I'll see if I can find a picture

Quoting Flip4G63:
its on upside down. check the reverse lights out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This gets me everytime.

Curtis is the man.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned