The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VR4 brotherhood

G

Staff member
What are these from?

samansa1968jpimg600x450li3.jpg

JDM Galants,

the ones posted by curtis are the stock tails in the GTI version released here in the Philippines.

Nice man, they really look good. That are/where mine ones by the way, from my old EDM 1.8 Limited Edition,that i've sold to someone on this board. They reached you in good condition?? No damage, nothing broken or such?

im not sure how hard it is for you guys to come by these tails, but these are usual the upgrade/mod local galants here in the philippines

BRC2.jpg

the other mod would be the USDM VR4 tails which are very hard to come by since most of the parts we get come straight from Japan.

cheekychimp

Quoting Besso:
Top Cop comes through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif thats how it should be

I've always wanted a set of Super VR-4 headrests (don't ask me why, because I don't know)
Have looked everywhere for them but can't find anything. joined MMCNZ and so on trying to find a pair

I got you covered boy. Anybody who drives all the way upstate to buy me a drink deserves a favour. PM me I think I can fix you up.

curtis

Quoting galantgti:
Nice man, they really look good. That are/where mine ones by the way, from my old EDM 1.8 Limited Edition,that i've sold to someone on this board. They reached you in good condition?? No damage, nothing broken or such?

Man there good to go the trim on one of the lights had a small cracked place but its removable and no big deal. I can glue it or just replace Not even sweating it noting that paint and some time can't turn to perfection, but I do hate popcorn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for shipping them out to me.

steve

Quoting maczboy:
im not sure how hard it is for you guys to come by these tails, but these are usual the upgrade/mod local galants here in the philippines

BRC2.jpg

I think those are the stock '91 USDM VR4 tails. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

sir, correct me if Im wrong but aren't these the USDM tails?

click

(borrowed the link, from the FS threads didnt really have actual pic)

and then the USDM VR4 tails have "VR4" written . .

oh wait sorry, so they changed it come '93 is that it?

Was under the impression that the '93 tails we're the stock USDM
tails they used from the start

Rausch

^ Just missing the '91's. They are different than the 89's, 92's and 93's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh, thanks.

How much does the wide tag "middle section" of the tails go for in the states?

Would anybody be interested in tails like these?
(I know the car looks like crap, don't mind the car, that's the "before" pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

ButtShot2.jpg

I know, it's a crappy pic, sorry. Ill try to get better ones, but I hope you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

maroonmetallic

Quoting Besso:
Top Cop comes through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif thats how it should be

I've always wanted a set of Super VR-4 headrests (don't ask me why, because I don't know)
Have looked everywhere for them but can't find anything. joined MMCNZ and so on trying to find a pair

Conquest/Starion headrests are usable in our cars. The headrests tilt & the leather matches pretty good.

Another option for those headrests are finding cloth ones from the OLD c10 colts/mirages & getting them reupholstered.

-Shawn

curtis

Quoting maczboy:
oh, thanks.

How much does the wide tag "middle section" of the tails go for in the states?

Would anybody be interested in tails like these?
(I know the car looks like crap, don't mind the car, that's the "before" pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

ButtShot2.jpg

I know, it's a crappy pic, sorry. Ill try to get better ones, but I hope you get the idea.

Damn they do make them. Why do you have to show such things. Thats the 89 tails, I've had them forever and really like them but didn't know they had a wide center section garnish to match. As for price I'm one of the first in the states to get a set that knew what a pain it was to find them. Who knows depends on what everyone is wanting.

brisvr4

Quoting G:
What are these from?

samansa1968jpimg600x450li3.jpg

Facelift Vr4.

GIjoe

but the jdm and usdm center garnish is the same isnt it?

brisvr4

Interesting, they do seem to be the same.
Our Aussie ones seem to have gotten the same garnish as the Euro models.

Here are the differences.
Facelift

Pre-facelift

A-spec

G

Staff member
WHat is facelift vr4? you mean 92?

curtis

What he's calling facelift is the 91's remember they had the cars earlier than us. The next set of pictures he posted pre facelift is the 89's there what we snag from the base models then the last picture is the 91 aussy big tag ones. Which until yesterday was the only set I thought they made until the pictures of the wide tag 89/90's were posted with the cell phone before pictures.

misterfixit

Facelift is 89.10 for the tails, grills, headlights, bumpers, and seat style.

rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned