The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I finally got a VR4! 852/2000, so stoked!

JamesFoster

Hey guys, I've been on these forums for a while time now, and I've always wanted a Galant VR4, and I'm happy to say that as of yesterday, I finally own one! And I can't begin to tell you guys how stoked I am right now! This car is amazing! It's #852/2000, and it has 206k miles on it, and the car is in amazing condition! The interior is immaculate, no tears or rips anywhere, and incredibly everything works perfect. A/C, power steering, cruise, sunroof, pwr windows, mirrors, AWS, everything that worked when the car was new, works, which is amazing to me for a 20 yr old car with 206k on it. The only real problems is the ABS light comes on, which I think I'll remove it altogether anyway, and there's a few minor rust spots where it's bubbling up under the paint, but they're small and not a big deal, and I will fix them later down the road.

The car has had the engine and trans rebuilt, and according to the previous owner they have about 80k on them. I tried to do a compression test on the motor just for peace of mind, but I couldn't get a good seal on the compression tester I was using because I couldn't tighten the hose with it being down in the plug hole in the valve cover. However, the car pulls strong and it has definitely been rebuilt at some point in time. Also, the transmission is one of the smoothest shifting DSM transmissions I've ever driven! I'm stoked! It feels better than the TRE trans I have in my Eclipse, but I think I need to get my TRE gone through again.

The car has a few mods, there's an Apexi SAFCII, it has an EVOIII 16 turbo, manifold, and o2 housing, a full 3" exhaust, 550cc RC injectors, supposedly has BC 272 cams, an ebay fmic with appropriate piping (I think I will re-do the intercooler piping with custom made SS pieces), and it also has a Walbro in tank pump, however I don't know if it's a 255 or a 190. Other than that stuff, it's pretty much stock and in amazingly good condition, all for $3500 bucks, which I am happy to say I feel like was a very good deal.
I only have a few cell phone pictures of it right now, but I will take some good photos and post them up shortly.
-James
Edit: After searching a bit it looks like the car has changed hands twice in the past year or so, ninnyvr4 bought it from utah late last year, and I got it from the guy who bought it from him. Interesting.
IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0421.jpg

Last edited:

bobdole

Looks great. Congrads on the new car.

DR1665

YAY!

Now do us ALL a favor and maybe update the for sale thread here with what you paid for the car? Next time someone gets rear-ended and his insurance company tells him his mechanically and cosmetically sounds GVR4 is worth $800, it would really help out to point to your car and say, "Actually, no. GVR4s in this condition are worth $5000 or more. See here."

Welcome to the fray.

Boostdtalon

Hey James. That's cool you finally found one. I remember you saying something about wanting one on Carolinadsm. Looks good man. Nice grab.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned