The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another slave cylinder issue

971of1000

I am having issues shifting. I replaced the slave and bled it multiple times. I power bled, two man, vacuum bled etc. and it is still not engaging fully. What different slaves will work and maybe work better than what I have?

971of1000

I am running an act 2600 with a shimmed pivot ball and stock slave rod.

971of1000

UPDATE: bleed the clutch with sped blessed. Car shifts fine when not running but only will go into 3rd and 5th hesitately.grinds 2nd,4th, and reverse and won't go into 1st at all. I am running skateboard bearing in the cables. Would this mean the cables are bad? Or is the bearing the issue?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Shifter needs to be adjusted or cables are bad. If it doesnt go in certain gears while the engine is off then more than likely the cables are bad. But try adjusting it first to see if anything changes.

rgeier11

Make sure the roller skate bearings aren't frozen to the shift assembly on the transmission. You need to make sure it is well lubricated. Take the shift cables off the trans and shift if by hand at the transmission to make sure you don't have internal transmission problems.

971of1000

The problem was that the right cable came apart. The bearings slide on and off but are tight. Shifting is precise.

rgeier11

At least you found the problem. Thanks for reporting back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

971of1000

still a little hard to get in gear. i will be bleeding the clutch a little more soon. Is there another slave cylinder that may offer a little more throw? Mine has the silverish piston in it

Perkul8r

I went to rebuild my slave this weekend and when I got it apart it has a red piston in it. Sadly the rebuild kit was wrong. So I just put it back together with a extended slave rod and now my clutch is working fine.

Oh, I have a comp clutch that is equal to the ACT 2600

There are two slaves, to answer your question. One has a ~ 13/16" diameter piston, and the other has a ~ 3/4" piston. The smaller of the two will have the longer throw, assuming that they are being supplied by the same volume of fluid.

I would also check the master cylinder for leaks. Peel back the little rubber boot (under the dash, inside car) and see if it is wet in there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned