The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another place for gauges

I got kinda bored today so I started messing around with a new place for gauges.
Here's the prototype.
IMG_1694.jpg

P6050038.jpg

I figure it's slightly more sleeper than A-pillar gauges, yet still convenient to look at.
IMG_1696.jpg

I have to pick up gauges and some more plastic some time next week, but hopefully I'll get it done soon.
I can probably whip up a rough template if anyone is interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Ya, but I have free access to plastic and maybe even a bit of carbon fiber, so I thought I'd give this a go.

a friend of mine mentioned some company that makes a gauge pod that mounts in place of that speaker... i'll have to ask him again about it.

curtis

Welcome to 2001 or 2002. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I sent Paulo the prototype for that back then and they do turn out sweet installed. Back screw mount is a pain and usually the speaker has to go or be remounted lower in the dash side ways but looks clean installed. There's a little top secret project bouncing around PM's and phone calls that will involve me doing something new with the mill and something really radical but will see if the doves get released and the stars all aligned to make the project possible. Hope so cause I want one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedTwo

I think hacking up the balcony over the instrument cluster might turn out sweet. A little fiberglass around the outside (green) and your guages nicely tucked into the dash. Don't have to take your eyes off the road to read them either.

turbowop

Anybody that hacks into a part of the main dash has balls. You won't catch me doing irreversible sh*t to such a large part of my interior. You're screwed if it doesn't come out right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

+1, you're f#cked if it doesn't turn out right.
I would attach it to the plastic molding that goes around the instrument cluster

1990ggsxnj

Quoting turbowop:
Anybody that hacks into a part of the main dash has balls. You won't catch me doing irreversible sh*t to such a large part of my interior. You're screwed if it doesn't come out right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noes.gif

I did a little drilling to run gauge leads for under the stock ECS Pod which goes in the middle of the dash....was shakey even though I knew it was going to be covered up eventually. Wouldn't even THINK of cutting up anywhere else. Would have to have a backup dash for that lol.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned