The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

another headache with the 197/1000

I need some help.....evrytime that i engage the clutch to come to a complete stop the rpm is jumping to about 3000rpms for about 2 seconds then it goes down to its normal .......any ideas or ppl that had experience with tis matter......please advice??

Hertz

Staff member
There is a switch on the throttle body that should be activated when the butterfly is closed. Make sure it is adjusted properly. (I think there's a writeup on this in click You also need to have the ground strap from the throttle body to the intake manifold screwed in.

thanks i will try that ......the link is very helpfull!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

broxma

Hertz pointing out what should have been obvious to me. Short story...

One day in my 95 GSX, after I had done a 6 bolt swap due to a wasted rod bearing, I went to start up the car. It wouldn't start, nothing at all. After a few turns of the key, I suddenly saw smoke and smelt a burning a coming from the front. Behold, I had not put any ground to the motor. What this allowed for was ground, for the starter mind you so A LOT of ground, to be pulled through the throttle cable. It melted the inside sheath of the cable and fused it to the cable itself. Yes, this meant getting a new cable but more importantly, it meant ground went through the cable, into the TB and through the semi-metallic gasket between the TB and the intake manifold.

I don't believe the TB itself is a ground point, since it is insulated by the gasket from the manifold. Isn't the lower section of the TB, with the IAC motor, insulated from the top part of the TB by a gasket or sealant as well? Hence hooking a ground up to a TB bolt/stud to allow ground through the idle speed switch? This, may very well explain why my car is dying after I let off the throttle. The sensor is hooked up, but isn't working. It has no direct path to ground. Yes?

/brox

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned