The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another bites the dust...

prestonztt

So 1180 is on it's way to the crusher /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
2012-06-06171033.jpg

Nartanian

Why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Should have at least part it out 1st...

James

You're sending them body moldings to the crusher!?!?

This is why rear doglegs are harder and harder to find...

LIV4PSI

There is WAAAYYY more money in parts than there is in scrap metal. Kids these days, I tell ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

prestonztt

I was just tired of the car being in the yard. Ive parted out about 70% of the car.

This is actually my 2nd VR4 ive crushed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

quicktsi

Please tell me it did not have a good sunroof or rear passenger window trim. These are the two items I would like to find locally.

James

So take off the parts and put them in a bin.... The front fender molding and rear doglegs would fit in a sock drawer!!! If I knew you were scrapping he car I would have paid the shipping to just save some of them parts.

prestonztt

Quoting quicktsi:
Please tell me it did not have a good sunroof or rear passenger window trim. These are the two items I would like to find locally.

No, it was a non-sunroof car and I already sold the rear window trim.

Yeah, there were some parts I probably could have made money on, but I did have it listed about 8 months ago as a part-out and I really didnt get a whole lot of interest. I do have quite a few things I did save though.

Damn, i need those rear dog legs and sideskirts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

LIV4PSI

Quoting citymunky:

BTW I understand why someone would scrap a VR4, however that were some parts that I see that could have been saved.

Exactly, if you are going to kill the weak, at least keep the parts to help the strong survive.

rmontalvo23

Every time I see a GVR4 get sent to the crusher or parted out I do get sad but I also realize that my car just became a bit more Rare. The less of them on the road the more mine is worth :)

LIV4PSI

Quoting rmontalvo23:
Every time I see a GVR4 get sent to the crusher or parted out I do get sad but I also realize that my car just became a bit more Rare. The less of them on the road the more mine is worth :)

It was even a hardtop, so it was one of the rarer third to begin with.

And I promise, no properly running Galant VR4 will be worth more than it takes to keep/get it that way. We should be more concerned with keeping them on the road.

Vr4junkie

What's the reason for it going to the crusher rust, chassis damage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GIjoe

I....dont know...what to say... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

prestonztt

Quoting vr4junkie:
What's the reason for it going to the crusher rust, chassis damage? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Actually, there wasnt much rust at all. But the car had been hit hard in the rear a few years ago and the frame was damaged. It was put on a frame machine, but its still never been the same since.

JSchleim18

Terrible part out job. Should have bought a couple bins and stored the smaller parts in there. The doglegs should have been saved.

Brianawd

Just to piss more people off

I would have parted it more out but I'm in the middle of selling my house and having a junk car in the drive way is not a great idea. I made sure to take the dash badge so yes I cut the horn off a unicorn and killed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned