The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another bites the dust...

Lightning1

^ that is pretty good. I wish I had a picture of the jy taking my BG off the trailer. He couldn't figure out how to get underneeth the car with the sides on my trailer, so he ran the forks through the front and pass windshield. Would have been a good pic for this thread.

thedsmguy

Brian, I would have gladly taken that shell like we talked about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I could have even paid you the same as the scrap yards.

Oh well.

LIV4PSI

With no drive train and after a tow, the OP wouldn't get much more than $50-$100 in scrap.

tsitalon1

Quoting LIV4PSI:
With no drive train and after a tow, the OP wouldn't get much more than $50-$100 in scrap.

Wow!!!!

Standing offer to anyone looking to scrap their VR4...I will offer $250 right now for a decent VR4 with anything of use /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hell I would've paid that for the BG unit pictured on page 1.

I'm in central AL.

Last edited:

mikus

Meh, been discussed. They're simply worth a lot more in parts.
Not many here have the luxury of or interest in missing out on $1000+ on principle, for a car

JSchleim18

Quoting prestonztt:
So 1180 is on it's way to the crusher /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
2012-06-06171033.jpg

Thanks for calling "A A A A A A A A A A A AUTO!"

LIV4PSI

That's because they're first in the phone book /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And here I thought that was just a fake commercial.

Last edited:

citymunky

case of beer, a few friends that eat pizza (see pic) , and saw-all and i got almost $350 for a 923/2000 shell with no drivetrain. (undercarriage rust was the killer).

raptorWagon

Quoting tsitalon1:
What is the going rate for this kinda stuff from scrap yards...meaning, what do they typically pay?

Pick n' Pull paid me $200, I had to trailer mine there, since I was simply too far for them to come out and pick up. Interior was stripped, no front windshield, fenders, motor, trans, and diff all pulled. All the Molding were pulled off as well. Only piece of the drivetrain still hooked up was the driveshaft, if I had been able to get it towed, I would have pulled off all the rear suspension and brakes, because while the rest of the car was a rust bucket, I replaced everything on the rear end.

donkeylips

When I scrapped 497/2000 I did it properly! The previous owner hit a guardrail and damaged the front end badly. I kept everything, cut it up, and took it to the scrapyard in a minivan. When I say I kept everything - I really mean it. If the part wasn't damaged, I found a spot for it. There wasn't a nut or bolt left on the body. I had to get rid of some of it a while later, but only the parts that I knew nobody would ever need or want.

GIjoe

^^thats exactly what I did with one of my older galants. stripped everything, cut it up and took it to the scrap yard.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting prestonztt:
Yeah, there were some parts I probably could have made money on, but I did have it listed about 8 months ago as a part-out and I really didnt get a whole lot of interest

Did any of you read this?????????? Now you guys get bent out of shape? Where were you when he was parting it out? The way I see it....his car his decision.

91VR41400

click

Surprised nobody was interested in the doglegs.. there usually in high demand.

If it went to a junkyard then just post what yard it went to so local people can have at it. If it went to the crusher/shredder then... RIP.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned