The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AMG/JDM Exterior Pieces.....

GSX_TC

Quoting Jordangvr4:
Quoting DavsR:
Could you get the rear windsheild wiper motor assembly with glass? I have a friend who would buy that immediately!

I have one for sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif !!

It doesn't have the wiper or even the motor though right? And how much were you asking again? Like 2 thousand or something iirc

Jordangvr4

^ $1500.00 windsheild, wiper motor, wiper arm & blade no washer bottle included.

citymunky

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif-->/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
I hope you can pull it off......lots of curious eyes are waiting to see what happens next.

jcgalntvr4-244

AMG parts are not hard to come by the prob is most people here dont want to put up the cash to get them.

fuel

Quoting Jordangvr4:
^ $1500.00 windsheild, wiper motor, wiper arm & blade no washer bottle included.

Am kicking myself for throwing out my spare wiper motor and arm! I had everything ready for rear wiper conversion on my old NZDM Galant apart from the rear windscreen with a hole.

Is it even possible to drill a hole in your existing glass?

JNR

It is possible to drill thru tempered glass, BUT you need some special diamond bits, lube and mask off the area like you would tile (to avoid chips)...if it's on a curvature though, it could be real tricky unless you have the glass positioned well (fastened) on a drill press, let's say...normally you punch a pilot hole so the bit doesn't walk on most materials, but on glass, not so sure you want to do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif point being is one of the hardest parts on glass then would be starting the hole, if you're using a hand drill motor.

G

Staff member
Yes you can drill a hole through it, but it's almost impossible with out cracking it if you do it manually. You would need a diamond glass bit with a a very fine grit preferably drilled on a cnc with lots of water.

EHmotorsports

If you know of any gem and fair shows going on you can pick up the diamond bits for a reasonable price. The key is to apply as little pressure as possible and keep water on it. Take your time.

citymunky

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:
AMG parts are not hard to come by the prob is most people here dont want to put up the cash to get them.

The only real AMG parts I seen for sale since I owned GVR4s were 2 beat up spark plug covers.

bmxr152

ill even drive down to bako to get some parts. i really need a jdm front bumper.

jcgalntvr4-244

Quoting citymunky:
Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:

The only real AMG parts I seen for sale since I owned GVR4s were 2 beat up spark plug covers.

There was a full AMG kit that sold on here a few years ago who bought it all?

citymunky

Maybe JordanVR4 in NYC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif but that before I was active here (over 2 years ago)

GSX_TC

I think I remember it. It was a complete AMG kit in black Color IIRC

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:
Quoting citymunky:
Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:

There was a full AMG kit that sold on here a few years ago who bought it all?

raptorWagon

Streetmasters was selling the full Real AMG body kit, think he asking around $4k for it.

Spyke169

Quoting turbowop:
Being that it's tempered, I don't think that's possible.

I have drilled a couple fish tanks that have tempered glass. Even small tanks with thin glass.

Use clay or plumbers puddy to make a dam and keep water around where you are drilling. Hardest part is getting started without the hole bit walking all over the place. Keep even pressure, more pressure one way or another and it will walk... After you get a ridge for the bit to ride in it is easy, just keep light pressure, take your time, and keep cool water running over the area. BTW if you hate the "fingernails on the chalk board sound," you are going to hate drilling glass...

James

I remember my dad using this same method drilling through tempered glass. ^^^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned