The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

alternator locked up.

Okay I started my car it made a loud screeching
Noise. Poped the hood alternator belt was broke
So I checked the alternator and it wouldn't spin
At all. I just just! bought an alt for my 2g and sold it last Week so I really don't want to shell out all that money again, but have a warranty for the one I just put on the 2g still. So if I were to Return this one as the one for my 2g will the one for A 2g work on my car?

G

Staff member
No.

LIV4PSI

It's also illegal and immoral. Not to mention, the parts store alternators will keep failing

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

ya don't be a shady guy. Just makes me want to overlook anything you ever try to sell on this site as it shows the type of person you are.
if you are hurting for cash. go to the wrecking yard for something that isn't seized.

Last edited:

James

I have a alt sitting in the garage that spins freely. But it overcharges. $10+shipping and it's yours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The parts stores alternators around me that I have gotten have done very well. Ill see if the local yard
Has any 92-95 sonata or elantras I can snag one
Off for cheap.

LIV4PSI

Maybe 2gs are different? On VR4s, the heat from the turbo/exhaust manifold kill them very quickly.

Last edited:

JCorbo25

Quoting LIV4PSI:
Maybe 2gs are different? On VR4s, the heat from the turbo/exhaust manifold kill them very quickly.

Mine always died from the power steering leaking on it (DSM).

theevozero

I have a couple 1g alternators.

GSX_TC

Don't cheap out man, if you don't have money to buy an oem alternator then just save up for one. Don't use any other ones either, the VR4 alternators are 90Amp which is a bit higher then the other ones.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned