The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

alternator ?

4doorboost

so today when i was driving my volts on the safc went down to between 9 and 11.5 ish i checked the al the fuses nd there good checked the alternator wiring, my battery isnt even a year old. the other thing is that im getting a smell from around the alternator. so is my alternator toast?

acidrumz

check the voltage directly on alternator while idling or the battery. Anything above 11-12v is good, any less i would suspect the alt.
i just replaced mines with a autolite one, luckly i got a mitsu rebuilt one..and i also kept my core /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned