The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Air duct-need opinions asap...

Launch

Make a duct with a smaller opening for the backside of your civic rad. kinda like a fan shroud but I would think smaller opening.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Can you fit a Scirocco radiator with your piping setup? They fit inside the radiator support but are full width type unit, not half.

cheekychimp

I think he can but he currently still has the A/C so if he takes that option he has to delete all the A/C stuff first.

vtecds1

^^^That is the only thing holding me back. I know I have to do a search, but is there a way where I can just delete the condenser and keep everything else in case I want go back? To tell you the truth, the only reason I'm keeping the ac is just in case I decide to sell the car. It seems like the first question that pops up is "does the AC work?". The only time I drive the car is in summer with the windows down(because of the tint).

Before I forget...what is every ones take on aluminum vs copper radiators?

kartorium

Would it really be that hard just to shift the AC condenser towards the bumper, or just run a smaller condenser? Seems easily do-able to me. That way you could run it in conjunction with the scirocco.

vtecds1

The honda civic(of all things) condenser would be a great candidate for that. I have to do some researching if the lines and fittings will work though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned