The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Agent 1051 in Modified Magazine

464/2K

got mine last night. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Yeah, I still have the mickey-mouse-belt tracks, although they're not plugged in so they just reside at the b-pillar. I just never got around to removing the headliner to get to the bolts that hold them on. I think the a-pillar plastic might actually mount to them also, but I don't remember, so I may have to get plastics out of a car that had regular seat belts.

You don't have to remove the headliner; at least I didn't. One, maybe two of the bolts is kind of under the edge of it, behind the plastic, but the edge of the headliner kind of droops anyway and is held up by the plastic so it's easy to get to. I may have an extra set of the interior plastic; I'll have to go check. I had to get two sets from different cars. The first one was a black car, but the belts looked to be in horrible condition and I didn't want to trust my life to them, so went and raped a blue car also. The blue's dark enough that no one would probably notice, but I think a little vinyl paint would have it matching the stock stuff. Did you take the motors for the belts out? I couldn't believe how much all the associated power belt stuff weighed.

4Grim

Went to everybook store, several grocery stores, and 711 and no luck till my girl wanted to go to Target to do some shopping..and go figure, they had it there. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smirk.gif

Pretty nice article..and a good little summary on the history of these cars. Gives a bit of a history lesson that these cars were the percursor to the Lan Evo's. The rolling shot of the Galant with the clouds in the backround is a pretty dope shot! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/applause.gif

ggsxkid

My friend showed me this mag last night and i was so happy to see this car!!!!!!!!!!! when hes done with it hes giving me the mag and im framing the whole article!!! congratulations!!!

Romanova

Just bought two copies. Anyone need one... actual price plus shipping!

Congrats again Mark!

Brianawd

I here the show car wins again at BOTI. Is this true. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

Quote:
I here the show car wins again at BOTI. Is this true. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

Werd. 1st place for Mitsubishi, although there are so many damn classes for show, it's still a trophy. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/tongue.gif

You see this pic of us behind my car, Brian?

botiseattle28.jpg

I guess I did not see this a couple of days ago when I posted to congratulate you Mark. As I said in the post that was removed, it is the best feature article I've ever seen on a Galant VR4 with awesome pictures. Very well done.

Daryl

Brianawd

Ahaha. Looks like I am showing you the part of my block I found on the rear subframe.

hotness.... the car looks so great in all the shots. you may not know me.. so this is awkward. but i'm very proud of you (that came to mind in my head while i was reading the article and i was taken back by it. "wtf... proud of him?" haha but yeah. great job paint looks so deep in many of the shots. you kind of miss that on the net i think (even with good lighting.. just not enough ppi)

glad to finally have my copy.

MMCVR4

Just saw this today during lunch at a bookstore. Very nice article and photos. Congratulations!!!

WiSu

just picked up a copy today...
thinking I should get another one just to cut the pictures out and frame 'em.. ;] haha...
just cause I love gvr4's soo much...
usually only do that for the cars that I know personally for people... haha..

hah i just went to automart to get some oil and stuff... anywho, when i pull in some kid working on his civic comes up and asks if its a vr4. we talk about the car for a few mins. then his friend comes over with a 240 sr20 swap and we continue to talk taking to me about the car.. haha! this has never happened before. i mentioned 1051 from the mag and that they should check it out if they're interested and the one who knew most about the gvr4s said he already saw it. i guess that's why they knew about it /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif. (earlier in the conversation he even recommended some parts for 1051's car...:))
this happen to anyone else yet?

Gvr4-330

Oh man, we're losing our sleeper status again!

Congrats Mark

Rob

4orced4door

Quote:
i mentioned 1051 from the mag and that they should check it out if they're interested and the one who knew most about the gvr4s said he already saw it. i guess that's why they knew about it /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif. (earlier in the conversation he even recommended some parts for 1051's car...:))

Don't encourage them.

pachood_1953

CONGRATS! Love seeing something different hit the magazines...I got so sick of the same ol same ol and cancelled all of my subscriptions.

But I made a special late night trip to wally world to scoop up a copy /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

dewman

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i mentioned 1051 from the mag and that they should check it out if they're interested and the one who knew most about the gvr4s said he already saw it. i guess that's why they knew about it . (earlier in the conversation he even recommended some parts for 1051's car...:))

Ya,im sure thats just what Mark wants... /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smirk.gif
Some ricer telling him...''A bodykit would really set your car off'' /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts