The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Agent 1051 in Modified Magazine

don't get why you quoted that part. or how mark would dislike someone mentioning his car as great example of gvr4 potential. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

simply pointing out that i thought these kids just happened to know a thing or two about the gvr4 when in fact one of them just read about them in modified.

edit: i realize what's going on... typo... for should be from.. woops my bad!!! the kid recommended parts FROM 1051's car for mine. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif sorry about that

Last edited by a moderator:

I had this happen just the other night. Wierd part is I had just recently removed the badges from the trunk.

Anyway, My bud & I roll up to the local Gas N Sip to grab munchies, kid follows me into the store, he had been hanging with his buddies around a older 300zx w/ a bad ass body kit & neon /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif, then procedes to start asking questions like a hyper active kid. Is that a vr4, just the engine or the whole thing, is that the same powertrain out of the 3000gt, ect...

First time a non owner has aproached me about the car. kinda cool but I like my un-known status. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

holla holla holla holla, holla holla holla holla holla

Quote:
First time a non owner has aproached me about the car. kinda cool but I like my un-known status. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

Same here. My friend and I were getting in the car and a guy w/2 friends standing around a rattlcanned black Civic hatch (w/red door jambs, engine bay, hatch, etc. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif ) asked about it. "I was looking at the back of your car... is that a VR4?" /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/idea.gif Said he had a built 2G w/over 400 awhp, about to go 500 on his new $1600 EMS, but his sideways hat and Starter jacket made it hard to take him seriously.

4orced4door

I saw in the article some sort of claim about 450whp+, is there any basis for that?

a2vr4

just bought my copy! congrats mark!!
~Brian

turbowop

Quote:
I saw in the article some sort of claim about 450whp+, is there any basis for that?

They used the calculation of trap speed vs. weight of car from two years ago. I've never actually had the car on the dyno.

turbowop

Werd. I'll probably get back to the track next spring after I fix a couple small things over winter. If I don't, I'll never hear the end of it from all the other NWDSM guys up here. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, thanks guys for all the support and comments. I really appreciate it. This has turned out to be a pretty cool deal. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

Brianawd

Quote:
If I don't, I'll never hear the end of it from all the other NWDSM guys up here.

So true /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

sh*t man. My neigbor just handed me a copy and I was like OH sh*t!!! Never even saw this thread /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/uhh.gif

Good stuff Mark. Very well deserved /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/worthy.gif

speedyvr4

Ive had me a copy for a couple weeks now. I'm too lazy to read the rest of the 7 pages now. Article was great, I read it twice. Thats my 3rd vr4 mag. I also saved from the trash a car and driver from 96 including a article where the 2g mitsu gst,vs 95 ford probe gt, vs integra gs-r, vs 240 sx, vs talon tsi awd, vs prelude si, also had an article on the ubber rare 3000gt vr4 spyder. Getting off topic, sorry. I loved the article and it's a great example of how people should do up their vr4 should they need an 11 second beast to go to the groceries.

Last edited:

dewman

Quote:
Thats my 3rd vr4 mag.

Somebody should post a list of all the gvr4 magazine articles

Got my copy on Friday and read it the second I got it home. 1st off - Mark your car looks awesome and great to see a galant vr4 in a mag. 2nd - It makes all other vr4s go up in value. 3rd - Belize Green is the best color. Final thoughts - one friend called to say holy sh*t one of those heavy old turd buckets made it into modified.

strokin4dr

Quote:
1st off - Mark your car looks awesome and great to see a galant vr4 in a mag. 2nd - It makes all other vr4s go up in value. 3rd - Belize Green is the best color.

+1000000 /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/applause.gif

I finally found an issue (the last one) at Booksamillion on Sunday. Congrats Mark!
My wife was pleased to see that "keydiver" finally made it big! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif
She doesn't realize that "keydiver" gets you 9,490 hits on Google, "dsmchips" gets 1840, and "Jeff Oberholtzer" has 692 hits! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/cool.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I found it wild that they cite the "Keydiver" chip just like them might mention AEM or DSMlink with no further explanation. Your product must be just as well known.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts