The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Age of you VR-4 Owners?

BlitzVR4

Old timer chimeing in. I will be 38 in a month, but I have owned a dsm since Nov 91. It was a black 92 TSi. I have owned 533/1000 since 02. I do miss the Talon. But I would never give up the GVR4.

Jonas

RayH

Just turned 41. Had to do some calculating but I've had the car since I was 25.

Scott Y

Doing my best to move the median age up. I'll be 38 this year, have been DSM-aware ever since a buddy bought a 90 TSi new off the lot. He's still got it, too.
Had the GVR-4 since 2000. Very nearly picked up an Evo about a month ago, but decided that $30+K was too rich for me and will continue to rack up miles on the Galant.

Rausch

lotta younins around hur...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

have had my gvr4 since was 14 basically...working on it since i was 15 ...now 17

I am 21, just got mine this year, but grew up being driven all over the place in one (the same one i now own, lol).

Buncha' whippersnappers! I'm 44 and remember seeing one new on the dealer floor and thinking it was awesome, but expensive. I bought a used Subaru Legacy turbo instead and was hooked; the Legacy and it automatic transmission didn't get along so it went down the road. I always wanted to be environmentally friendly with a four cylinder car, but wanted something faster, and having all wheel drive is a necessity for a powder hound...

Looking at all the posts in this thread up until I started writing this, my rough calculation is an average age of 27, with youngest at age 16, and the oldest at age 60. Extra points go to the oldest and youngest members for bucking the trends in their age group and driving a truly rare and exotic sports sedan.

Rausch

hey, that makes me above average!!! there were a few cars i remember seeing in the showrooms when i was younger that i thought i'd love to have. this one, i didn't even know about till probably 95-96. i thought it was the perfect sleeper, and a few years ago, when i happened to stumble upon one for sale, i just had to get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif it's been the bane of my existence for some time now, but i still love it. sometimes.

I'm 22 and I've had the VR4 for just over a year where its pretty much just sat in my garage being preserved.

grocery_getter

OK, why not

I'll be 34 in 2 weeks, bought the GVR4 in '96 in stock condition with 55K miles on the odo for $11.5K cash, got married in '98, and have a 2 years old daughter right now to give me the big hug everyday I got back home from the shop. I have bought and sold a bunch of 1G and 2G DSM through out the year, always the AWD kind, but have never think about seriously selling the GVR4. This one stays!

464/2K

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif vr4 for the win.

RACER-X

35yr old.. bought 756/2000 in 2004. It was and is a pos. Ive thought about selling it and even posted here I think twice... but I cant do it. I'm $3k in the hole with this car and know I wont get that for it. Now that I'm doing better financially (thanks to me working almost all the OT) I pulling out the stock motor with almost 200,000 of abused miles on her and either doing a basic stage one build or buying a good conditioned low miles long block and addressing the other mechanical issues : CV's, shocks, struts, springs, oil pump, water pump, and at the end of this yr going to get her prepped for fresh paint.

No scrap yard for this baby... she may be a money pit, but she's my money pit; besides my daughter (she's 4) keeps asking me "daddy, why don't you ever drive your car?" to which I answer " cause she makes me mad" LOL

ggsxkid

Bought a gsx at the age of 17, bought a vr4 at the age of 18 on dec 24 of last year awesome christmas present /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. the gsx just needed a motor when i bought it, the vr4 needs almost everything... im just glad that im one of the few kids that could say i bought both my cars with money that ive earned from working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
Geezer alert: I will be 60 in May! Bought it 14 years ago with 44K on the the odo. It will turn 200K next week. Keeps me young, what's your excuse?

It seems like everytime someone does this age question that all the ages seem to be going down, except for a few of us.

51 here - still original owner

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned