The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator Support

Lancer99

I need to replace mine. I bought my VR-4 with out knowing of being in an accident and it was fine when I saw it last like 7 years ago and now I guess where they welding it, its just rusting pretty bad. So anyone know where I can find one at? I've tried google but haven't found one for a 1992.

misterfixit

Chop one off any galant.

Look on my build thread for my dd and you'll see it off the car. I believe the weld diagrams are also up

Rich

rdomeck

Unless you have one that is rusted through or is installed wrong don't go to the trouble to install a different one. It takes a lot of care and fitting to install a core support correctly. If it's just surface rust clean it up and repaint it.

My .02 cents worth.

Lancer99

Its kind of a little more then just surface rust. But who ever redid it was just awful. Ill take a picture this weekend and post it up. I just dont feel safe with it.

Lancer99

Here are the pictures of my radiator support. As you can see it looks like it was damage and maybe cut and welded along with a welded hood latch support.

img.php

img.php

citymunky

so you are looking for the whole support from frame rail to frame rail?

rdomeck

Yeah that's some crappy work. Hope you can find a good one. If you do have one shipped to you ask them to cut it at the frame rail just behind were you need it. This way you can drill out the spot welds yourself and make sure it is done correctly! Good luck

rdomeck

Also....I'm about 4 hours away. If you had a way to get the car to me I would be glad to install this for you. I run a fabrication shop and we do have a full body/paint shop.

Lancer99

Even though im no body shop guy but thats what I thought, it was a shitty job. And yes from rail to rail. The body work im taking it to the community college that has a body shop program and since I go there they do it for free but i have to buy the parts. The only down side is that this job falls in a different class which won't start until June 2013. Doesn't bother me since I have a whole bunch a crap to get done before this. So where can I pick up a radiator support? I do prefer new but if its a challenge then I'll take a used one.

misterfixit

Any galant 88-93 this body shape will work.

The panel is the same on all of them.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned